Axpert Inverter Setting

TimNiekerk

Hi,

A quick question re the settings available on the Axpert inverter.

Specifically setting 31. Solar power balance:
"When enabled, solar input power will be automatically adjusted according to connected load power."

In layman terms what will the pro's / con's be of enabling it or disabling it?

In my case I want to use my batteries at little as possible. (Setting 12 - Setting voltage point back to utility source - I have selected the highest voltage)

I want them fully charged for loadshedding / power outages. I want my batteries to charge as fast as possible. (Setting 16 - Charger source priority - I have selected Solar and Utility)

Inverter Info:

Axpert Mks 4K 48VDC Inverter.

4 x 370W PV Panels

4 x 12V 200Ah Deltec (Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) Gel batteries

Axpert Mks 48V.jpg

Axpert MKS-MKS-1-5KVA manual-compressed.pdf

16 hours ago, TimNiekerk said:

Specifically setting 31. Solar power balance:
"When enabled, solar input power will be automatically adjusted according to connected load power."

In layman terms what will the pro's / con's be of enabling it or disabling it?

This is a weird setting, to be sure. I can't imagine why anyone would want to disable it, and it's enabled by default. My only wild guess is that it might be a way of overcoming overshoots if you have some highly variable high power loads, like an air compressor perhaps.

My understanding is: if you enable this, then when in battery mode, it will attempt to provide enough PV power to power the loads as well as whatever the battery needs for charging (if any).

If you disable it, it ignores the load power, and just provides enough power to charge the battery. Even though that might not be enough to supply the present load. It seems silly to me, but there it is.

16 hours ago, TimNiekerk said:

In my case I want to use my batteries at little as possible.

So you'll be in line mode most of the time, where this setting will have zero effect (as far as I know).

However, if you have load shedding during the day, you will be in battery mode, and you may as well use all the available PV power to charge the battery at the maximum rate (specified by the maximum charge current, in setting 02). So you'd want it enabled.

• 9 months later...