PV regularly dropping on Victron MPPT

wolfandy

Hi all

I recently had my system upgraded and Victron MPPT 250/100 together with 12x 380W panels (4S3P) installed. The MPPT is connected to a bus-bar, which also connects to my 2x Pylons and 5kVA Axpert inverter. Axpert and MPPT are connected to a Raspberry Pi and monitored via ICC.

The systems runs great and I have already ordered a 3rd Pylon to better balance the system.

However, I have noticed PV Watts and Amps coming from the MPPT regularly dropping - in what looks to me like 10 minute intervals. There are no clouds in the sky or anything else near the panels that could cause shading, no dramatic changes to my loads that coincide with the drops, and the Pylons are nowhere near full. I can observe these drops both in ICC in PV Watts and Battery Amps as well as in Victron Connect, which makes me believe that it is not a communication problem between the MPPT and ICC but an actual performance drop.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? 

42 minutes ago, wolfandy said:

regularly dropping - in what looks to me like 10 minute intervals

That is normal. The MPPT will periodically do a rescan to see if it can find a better power peak. It actually does three quick scans, which is clearly visible on the VC chart. It literally takes only a few seconds, as you can see. It is nothing to worry about. What is actually unique about the Victron MPPTs is that they scan from the current power point instead of starting from zero (as many other brands do), and the scan is divided into three smaller parts precisely to maintain higher overall power.