Reputable resellers / reseller recommendation

Jatho

Question

Hi Guys

Could I please ask for recommendations on reputable resellers, I've tried for months to get an inverter system installed but because of load shedding most installers were too busy and a lot just brushed me off, I've been messed around a lot so I'm just going to do this myself.

I want to buy the inverter, batteries, charge controllers, cabling, fuses etc... possibly some panels as well but might put that off depending on the total system cost. I'm wanting to do this in the next few days so that I can get the equipment before the R/$ price increases are in full effect.

I'm based in Cape Town so would prefer local supply but if not possible JHB is OK too.

Leaning towards Goodwe or Victron inverter and most probably Pylontech batteries, I'm thinking of getting a 5kVA inverter. Electricity is single phase.

There are a plethora of online resellers and a lot have multiple domain names for the same company so its quite overwhelming and also difficult to determine the good from the bad so would really appreciate some feedback / assistance.

I'm fairly comfortable with electricity, DIY / handman stuff so I'm confident I'll be able to get the system 90% commissioned and can then just have an electrician connect it up to my DB board and split my loads.

https://solaradvice.co.za/

https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/

https://www.solar-shop.co.za/

A typical days usage below, pool comes on between 10am to 3pm and is around 1000w, I have a gas stove, 2 geysers but will not put any of the heavy load stuff onto the inverter and will disable plugs for kettles, microwave, dishwasher, tumble dryer etc... during load shedding through my automation system.

image.png.bfd1161faa40489ced6543fc3499c4ec.png

image.thumb.png.ab1ca7bc3d0383b29f42010903078ae8.png

Think that's about everything.

Thanks in advance....

7 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Richard Mackay said:

Find other systems where you are, knock on the door and talk to the owner (They love talking about their systems!)

That's actually a pretty good idea, problem obviously is the lock down and I'd like to have this stuff ordered ASAP so I can get it at pre-moodies pricing :) 

5 hours ago, Jatho said:

Leaning towards Goodwe or Victron inverter and most probably Pylontech batteries, I'm thinking of getting a 5kVA inverter. Electricity is single phase.

I will give you prices, you can find my details in the link in my Signature. Let me know what you need. 

28 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

I will give you prices, you can find my details in the link in my Signature. Let me know what you need. 

Perfect thanks Jaco, I'd prefer to support someone on the forum. Could you please PM me your number and I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss if that's OK?

I can vouch for jaco, not only a seller of the goods but a expert in the setup, my advice is to get the stuff off someone that knows the product , as it needs to be setup!

I have gone with a 10kva Quattro victron, And  21kwh pylontech lithiums, my house run as normal with all the bells and whistles, hairdryers and geysers and aircons included and all  I use is  like R80-R120 a month on eskom (only due to bad weather)

Good luck bud!