Phocos anygrid inverter with pylontech or dyness batteries

Mohammed Bhaiyat

Hi all. New to the forums but not that new to solar. 
just wanted to know if anyone has experience with the Phocos 5kva Anygrid Hybrid inverter with either pylon tech batteries or dyness powerbox 9.6kw battery. 

My concern is the comms cable between inverter and battery as they don’t seem to be speaking to each other properly and unfortunately the cable manufactured by Phocos for pylon is not available with my dealer (Zambia). Battery SOC shows full but phocos inverter triggers the error 04 quite early. I’m sure the comms cable should enhance the communication between the two. 

Phocos sent me the pin outs for the cable as follows: 

pin 1 to pin 3

pin 2 to pin 5

pin 3 to pin 1

pin 5 to pin 2 

all other pins not used on the RJ45. 
Have made this cable but yet to try it with Pylon batteries. Doesn’t seem to work with the Dyness powerbox battery. 

anyone else having a similar experience?

thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
On 2020/04/22 at 7:46 PM, Mohammed Bhaiyat said:

Hi all. New to the forums but not that new to solar. 
just wanted to know if anyone has experience with the Phocos 5kva Anygrid Hybrid inverter with either pylon tech batteries or dyness powerbox 9.6kw battery. 

My concern is the comms cable between inverter and battery as they don’t seem to be speaking to each other properly and unfortunately the cable manufactured by Phocos for pylon is not available with my dealer (Zambia). Battery SOC shows full but phocos inverter triggers the error 04 quite early. I’m sure the comms cable should enhance the communication between the two. 

Phocos sent me the pin outs for the cable as follows: 

pin 1 to pin 3

pin 2 to pin 5

pin 3 to pin 1

pin 5 to pin 2 

all other pins not used on the RJ45. 
Have made this cable but yet to try it with Pylon batteries. Doesn’t seem to work with the Dyness powerbox battery. 

anyone else having a similar experience?

thanks in advance!

did the pinouts work out?

Did you use the RS485 port to connect this new cable to your inverter BMS?

What were your DIP switch settings on your pylontechs?