Simple Axpert / Pylontech Controller

• 1 month later...

Just an update on my "Lockdown project":

- Interfaces to 'Blynk': Can see the values and also change settings using the Blynk app on my phone.

-Google sheets: records data to google sheets. Interval is adjustable. To get a nice graph: use Grafana. I have installed a local copy of Grafana with the google sheets plugin on my laptop. It just pulls the data in seamlessly.  

-IFTTT (If this then that): notifies inverter faults, inverter switching between battery/grid and can also notify at specific SOC low and high setpoints. I have setup my IFTTT to send messages to Telegram. Can also send to email.

Hope this gives some ideas for you guys out there doing their own inverter interface controller / software.

Screenshot_2020-05-29-07-00-10-558_cc.blynk.thumb.jpg.f71f1c10161e3817c453a250996a8049.jpggrafana2.thumb.JPG.763f64dd100e44594aad199f0c8967ce.JPGtelegram.JPG.cb178d769fbee9ebf0a0597c3f75a07c.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Windgat. Thanks. Configured esp8266 for two serial ports: one standard and one using software serial on the other two pins. I first used Max3232 level shifters to convert from ttl to rs232 , but changed to a normal discrete transistor level shifter after having endless issues with that chips. So for your question: yes, the voltages on the inverter is too high and must be converted. 

Just an update on the software: have changed the logging from Google sheets to thingspeak now - gives more free memory. Some nice apps for thingspeak on Playstore and can also configure "reacts" on thingspeak to notify me of battery levels, inverter mode etc. 

Hi Pierre. At the moment it is so customized for the system I have (fixed number of pylontechs / inverter / gauge ranges), that it would not suite everyone. The plan is to have it "universal" with configuring it to the system you have. I also do have a slight problem with it freezing / rebooting from time to time. Once that is sorted I can make it available. The idea at first was to give others (that know some programming) ideas as to what can be done.