Jump to content

Axpert Inverter cutting out


gerritl
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good evening

I have an Acpert RCT 5K inverter (5kW/5kV) with 12 x 330W panels and 4x Vision HF12-890W  12V 200Ah batteries

The inverter was repaired under warranty on 3 March 2020. "Replaced the MPPT Charger PCB" was indicated on the Service POD note

Since then the Inverter has not operated the same as before. It will stop charging from the solar panels or switch to LINE mode unnecessarily as can be seen in the attached Watchpower screenprints.

I have also attached photos of the information sticker on the side and the home screen indicating the firmware version

Can anyone please advise me if the inverter can be reset in order to clear the "bug" or if a better firmware version is available and how to install this.

 

Regards

Gerrit

Watchpower 2.jpg

Watchpower.jpg

IMG_20200503_120809_1.jpg

IMG_20200503_120718_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gerritl said:

Can anyone please advise me if the inverter can be reset

You could try resetting to factory default settings. But I suspect you have that already, as a result of the repair, and need to customise a few settings.

Can you post a photo of the configuration tab?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Coulomb said:

You could try resetting to factory default settings. But I suspect you have that already, as a result of the repair, and need to customise a few settings.

Can you post a photo of the configuration tab?

Is this what you need?

I forgot to mention, when the inverter stops charging from solar I need to change the Charger source priority to utility and back again to Solar only and then only will it start charging again. In the example I provided I caught it by chance and changed it back quickly. On previous occasions it would simply stay like that. 

Settings.JPG

Edited by gerritl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gerritl said:

Is this what you need?

That's good, thanks.

I would try reducing the battery cutoff voltage to 46 V temporarily, to see if that makes a difference to going to the grid or not. I think a fridge start or similar is dropping your battery voltage to under 49 V, which is less than 2.0 V above the battery cutoff voltage, and this triggers a switch to line mode (even though that setting is at 48 V).

Quote

I forgot to mention, when the inverter stops charging from solar I need to change the Charger source priority to utility and back again to Solar only and then only will it start charging again. In the example I provided I caught it by chance and changed it back quickly. On previous occasions it would simply stay like that. 

Ok, that's sounding like the dreaded PV freeze that is affecting 2019 and later models (yours just squeaked in, lucky you 🙂 ).

I don't have an answer for that, though I got an idea today, which I may pursue over the next day or few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

That's good, thanks.

I would try reducing the battery cutoff voltage to 46 V temporarily, to see if that makes a difference to going to the grid or not. I think a fridge start or similar is dropping your battery voltage to under 49 V, which is less than 2.0 V above the battery cutoff voltage, and this triggers a switch to line mode (even though that setting is at 48 V).

Ok, that's sounding like the dreaded PV freeze that is affecting 2019 and later models (yours just squeaked in, lucky you 🙂 ).

I don't have an answer for that, though I got an idea today, which I may pursue over the next day or few.

I changed the battery cutoff to 46 V, thanks. Will keep an eye on it 

Anxiously waiting to find out how to "unfreeze" my PV input :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...