Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Gelo

Luxpower 5kw hybrid inverters question

Hi all 

Quick one has anybody had any experience with the luxpower products specifically the 5kw hybrid, I'm looking to purchase one and would appreciate any feedback from installers,users/owners.

Product marketed as a hybrid in inverter that is able to blend from all 3 sources PV,Battery and grid. Specs attached 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20200511-181740_Samsung Internet.jpg

All I can say is it does not look like the usual common as garden weeds rebadged Voltronic. It has a high voltage DC input on the PV side, and the high efficiency numbers (which will be boosted as much as possible by the marketing team, but still has to be at least theoretically possible) suggests this is a high frequency inverter, probably on par with a Goodwe (or thereabouts).

Other than that... certainly not a name we hear often.

Thanks for the feedback,research implies that this brand is huge in the UK and growing. Granted the UK isn't the SA, but the monitoring software looks very user friendly and the fact that it does remote monitoring and maintenance via app and pc is amazing. Pitty not many locals have experience with it would have liked to hear from them before pulling the trigger on one 

4 hours ago, Gelo said:

Thanks for the feedback,research implies that this brand is huge in the UK and growing. Granted the UK isn't the SA, but the monitoring software looks very user friendly and the fact that it does remote monitoring and maintenance via app and pc is amazing. Pitty not many locals have experience with it would have liked to hear from them before pulling the trigger on one 

Just a word of caution, just know what you might be getting yourself into, if the product support is bad (or maybe even non existent)

Then you could find yourself beholden to help from people on forums willing to help you, or in extreme cases even a couple of friendly Aussies providing you with firmware updates because the manufacturer could not care less. 

From what I can see Luxpower is supported by Aspergo. They are also the importers of Dyness batteries into SA and have dealth with Andy the owner and has been very helpful in doing upgrades to my batteries when we had issues. If my Growatt ever blows its last smoke I will definitely consider Aspergo's offerings. 

www.aspergo.co.za  (currently busy with website update, maybe try a bit later today)

Good afternoon, thanks for the mention TSA.

Our website is busy updating and there will be a registration portal for resellers and installers.

As for the Luxpower brand, we are the official importers and stockists. We are based in Durban and carry the following:

LXP5K - 5kw full hybrid.

• Stainless chassis, fully sealed. IP65
  • NO cooling fan, but has massive heatsink which pretty much covers the full length of the inverter.
  • Dual MPPT
  • Available in Standard and Parallel model (up to 10/phase)
  • Remote monitoring on OEM platform, with remote maintenance and settings as well.
  • At the moment the output is as follows:
  • 5kw max continuous output on EPS with GRID
  • 5kw max continuous output with solar and battery.
  • 3,6kw max continuous output on battery only - We are rolling out an update next week to 4kw with 4,5kw for 100sec on battery
  • Seamless EPS switching
  • 5 year warranty

The key thing to note is that the user interface on the web server gives the user a large range of settings, most importantly remote maintenance.

We have over 100 units installed throughout SA, either with AGM batteries or Dyness lithium. The Dyness BMS works very well with Luxpower and is by far our most stable platform. 

To maximise the EPS output of 4kw, we pair it with 3 x B4850 or the Powerbox F7.5 (7,2kwh) which will then comfortably deliver the loads on battery only.

We're launching our OFF-GRID inverter next month.

• 5kw off-grid.
  • 4kw pv - dual mppt. Possibly 4 pv inputs 145v DC (we're discussing a few options)
  • dual power input - GRID and Generator
  • EPS out
  • Fan cooled
  • Parallel up to 10 units/phase
  • 2 year warranty

We also have a 3,6kw AC coupled, either for retro fitting to grid tied solar or standalone UPS. Also parallel model available.

No cooling fan - silent like a starlit night in the desert.

Luxpower Off-Grid.pdf

I can attest to be above by (Tsa), after numerous back and forth mails and watsapp messages (some late evening)with Andy the owner of aspergo energy. I'm pretty confident in he's company and product offerings. I initially just to wanted to buy lithium batteries from aspergo and ended up  buying batteries and the luxpower inverter from a guy (Andy) who took the better half of an hour to video call me to show me the products I enquired about, he unboxed and fully connected ,set inverter up with batteries adjust dip switches and all of that (I'm clueless on this), took the time to explain and advise on product and limitations, pros and cons you name it,packaged it all back up and ready to ship. All of this done before I even paid a cent to this man,that is service on another level and a business I will gladly support again and again

Order placed and paid for currently waiting on delivery. Will advise again when I'm up and running.

Quick update, order placed Tuesday afternoon (may 19)and delivered this morning Thursday(may 21), super quick delivery from Aspergo crew. Durban to Jhb overnight🤪.

Many thanks again to Andy @Aspergo