Help with electric meter

Leshen

Question

Good day guys.

I have an Elster A1100 meter at my home with an analogue display. Does anyone of the tech guys know if this meter allows me to put power back into the grid. 

Attached is a pic. 

Thanks 

64DE9A6B-1448-466F-A74D-7960170A0E22.jpeg

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

According to the data sheet, the meter is available in Import alone or import and export versions. I dont know how to tell which one yours is. 

I'd guess that the import/export meter will have two odometer-type counters.

10 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Maybe you should feedback for a few minutes and see how it reacts, worst case scenario is it will alarm and charge you for the feedback. 

This is probably safe enough. There are meters on the market that go into tamper mode if you overdo this, but I know of only one (a Landis GYR), even though if you google a bit there are several with the SRE feature (significant reverse energy).

Many mechanical meters simply have a reverse lockup. You can reverse the rightmost red digit to zero, but it will refuse to run in reverse beyond that.

Unfortunately the only way to know is to do it and see how it reacts. Fwiw, that meter looks mechanical, with a bit of 3-phase monitoring.

Just now, plonkster said:
14 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

According to the data sheet, the meter is available in Import alone or import and export versions. I dont know how to tell which one yours is. 

I'd guess that the import/export meter will have two odometer-type counters.

14 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Maybe you should feedback for a few minutes and see how it reacts, worst case scenario is it will alarm and charge you for the feedback. 

This is probably safe enough. There are meters on the market that go into tamper mode if you overdo this, but I know of only one (a Landis GYR), even though if you google a bit there are several with the SRE feature (significant reverse energy).

Many mechanical meters simply have a reverse lockup. You can reverse the rightmost red digit to zero, but it will refuse to run in reverse beyond that.

Unfortunately the only way to know is to do it and see how it reacts. Fwiw, that meter looks mechanical, with a bit of 3-phase monitoring.

Sorry Plonkster, I found the correct answer, must have been changing my post while you were typing yours...