Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Leo

Sinetech store bad treatment

Just a warning to all of you out there wanting to buy LiFePO4 cells: DO NOT buy from Sinetech - they are selling 2nd life 85Ah cells as new cells. They are all under capacity and some have been discharged way below their safety level and are swollen and have been venting. STAY away from Sinetech - they are unhelpful and dishonest.

To be fare they do say that those cells does not have any warranty and that you must talk to a technical consultant before you buy.

I also got a batch of those cells, and they are a mismatch bunch. Looks like it is the leftovers perhaps?

similar experience on some omnipower 240Ah I bought from them less than 2 years ago.

Batteries seldom cycle and discharge below 49V. When I reported the batteries are swollen prematurely, I was told I needed a bms and they don't have proof its the batteries.

So cut that loss and moved on. But I will personally never buy from them.

On 2020/06/22 at 4:39 PM, Leo said:

Just a warning to all of you out there wanting to buy LiFePO4 cells: DO NOT buy from Sinetech - they are selling 2nd life 85Ah cells as new cells. They are all under capacity and some have been discharged way below their safety level and are swollen and have been venting. STAY away from Sinetech - they are unhelpful and dishonest.

Leo did you have the cells on a BMS ? To have one on Lithiums is a necessity.  This would protect the low capacity cells from over-discharge and over-charge. Being of lesser capacity these "bad" cells would discharge first and if the battery discharge is not stopped by the BMS that cell voltage would drop below its minimum safe voltage - approx 2.5V for LiFePo4. Similar with charging, the "bad" cell with its lower capacity would charge first and if the charging is not stopped it will have a unsafe voltage across it. Venting is better than going BANG. 🤕

The condition I described here was AS BOUGHT. This was the condition of the cells when I bought them - some had swollen and were badly discharged when I took them out of the box! That is how Sinetech sold them to me