Sustainable (offline)

Sorry guys, but I need to rant! 

Last week I contacted Sustainable about solar panels for an installation I need to do out of town tomorrow. I emailed them on Monday asking for a quote. I only got the reply on Thursday. I requested the invoice on Thursday, no reply. I asked for the invoice again on Friday, no reply. I emailed again on Monday, and after 3 hours I called them. Finally I got the invoice. I paid via “immediate transfer “ to get things moving quicker. I also sent an email stating that I HAVE TO have the panels by Friday for an out of town installation. Again on Tuesday I sent an email stating that I need the panels by Friday. Again on Wednesday and Thursday the same. I finally get a tracking number last night. Today I go look for the tracking number online and they only left C.T. on Thursday night!! One whole week later! Now I have to explain to my client why his solar system has no solar. On top of that I will need to go do the solar installation next week. 120km of unnecessarily driving and the possible loss of a client. 

Sustainable has seen the last of me. 

That's the entire Western Cape for you. Yes, I know I should not generalise like that, but man it can be frustrating. I mean, I'm a Namibian by birth... you stand in line in a supermarket in Windhoek, you might as well befriend the guy next to you, you're going to be there for a while... but even that is nothing to the glacial pace at which things move in the Western Cape.

"Slaapstad" is indeed accurate.

I got a message on my phone this morning that I can collect the panels from the Depot. I drive from the clients house to the depot, fetch the panels and drive back to his house to complete the installation. When unwrapping the panels I find one is smashed. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 So next week when the replacement panel arrives I have to drive another 120km to go mount one panel. 😤 And of course I have lost a client. 

Sustainable can kiss my @$$ 😡

These online outlets posturing as 'green' bug me.

They are clearly in it for the money and not to backup the products they sell. And because they have no allegiance to a particular product they have little depth (if any) of technical know-how. RE products are hi tech. There's no 'plug and play' solutions except for the solar toys they sell.

So do yourself a favour and steer clear of Sustainable, Takealot, GeeWizz, etc. etc. (unless you are buying toys!)  :(

Edited by Richard Mackay

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

I have lost a client

Truth be told, I'm not sure that's a client I would have kept. A client who has no room for upstream supply issues and fires me even after I went out of my way to pick up panels at the depot... I'd fire that client.

3 hours ago, plonkster said:

Truth be told, I'm not sure that's a client I would have kept. A client who has no room for upstream supply issues and fires me even after I went out of my way to pick up panels at the depot... I'd fire that client.

As a service provider one doesn't always have control over one's supplier or a choice of supplier. You might have to deal with suppliers who are not your first choice. But in your endeavor to be a good service provider you do your best to provide the best service you can. 

I know the feeling!

Edited by Richard Mackay

11 hours ago, Richard Mackay said:

As a service provider one doesn't always have control over one's supplier or a choice of supplier. You might have to deal with suppliers who are not your first choice. But in your endeavor to be a good service provider you do your best to provide the best service you can. 

I know the feeling!

Yeah, there is the old saying that the customer is always right. But as I understand it, the original context was if you disagreed with some choice he made (where the choice was an actual possibility), for example, if the customer orders banana on his Pizza, and you have banana in stock, then you put banana on his pizza. It may be a disgusting combination, but the customer's wishes take priority. The saying however became applied to even clear cases where the customer is in actual fact wrong. It became the stick by which they beat sales people, getting them in trouble with their managers. But there is a little known secret: customers are frequently "fired". Usually you don't have to do much, they tend to get disgruntled and become someone else's problem on their own... 🙂