Solisimo

Goodwe 5048ES not restarting after backup output trips

Good Day, hope someone can help?

I picked up the problem with two separate Goodwe 5048's, both connected to at least 7kWh Pylontech batteries:

Both systems set up in backup mode. When there is no grid and no PV and the backup output trip due to overload (hairdryer probably!), the backup output does not switch back on unless there is grid power or PV power. So this will typically happen at night when there is loadshedding, the time when you really need the backup output.When there is grid or PV power, the backup switch on ok.

Both inverters are on the latest firmware and it happens even when the batteries are 100% full.

19 hours ago, Solisimo said:

I picked up the problem with two separate Goodwe 5048's, both connected to at least 7kWh Pylontech batteries:

did you check if it is not the batteries getting overloaded and switching off? Also check if the inverter has been set up to restart the batteries.

13 minutes ago, Fuenkli said:

did you check if it is not the batteries getting overloaded and switching off? Also check if the inverter has been set up to restart the batteries.

I second Fuenkli's suggestion. Two 3.5kWh pylontechs won't be enough to provide a continuous load of 4.6kW to the Goodwe, so they might overload after some time. They are only good for a continuous draw of roughly 70A, so 3.5kW. However, this would be before accounting for the AC to DC conversion, so technically a continuous draw of about 3.2kW on the AC side. Not sure to what extent inductive loads might influence this, so to be safe (if there's a few inductive loads), I won't try to pull more than 3kW from them continuously on the AC side.

You might have to then restart them manually. However, I've never actually pushed my two 3.5 Pylontechs so far as to actually overload them so not sure of the procedure.

My layman's recommendation would be to add a third battery to the 4.6kW Goodwe. I'm also planning on adding another 3.5 to my pack, at some point in the future.