System update

Jaco, do you mean the daily production or the graph?

The Infini and SolarPower both give quite good hourly, daily, monthly and yearly PV production in bar-graph format.

The graph I posted above is from an Exsolar EM502 battery monitor system, it measures directional power unlike my cheaper Efergy power measurements. I measure the output of the inverter (consumers on inverter circuit of my DB), the grid connection from the DB into the inverter (grid feed to my DB) and the Eskom incomer (grid feed to municipality). The difference between the Eskom and inverter grid connection is that there are other consumers on my DB that can consume power that is grid fed from the inverter before it is pushed back to the municipality.

There is a slight offset between the Eskom and inverter grid connection readings. The monitor measures power factor but only for one circuit, in my case the consumer circuit. I think the power factors for the other circuits are calculated and the inaccuracy there causes the offset.

I looked at Java and Derby yesterday, unfortunately it is a task I cannot and should not tackle at this stage. Got studies to complete. [emoji853]

Cobus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK so I am also joining the Green side. Placed my order today after robbing the bank this morning. If all goes well I will be up and running this weekend as I have to change my panel wiring to work with this inverter.

17 hours ago, jdp said:

OK so I am also joining the Green side. Placed my order today after robbing the bank this morning. If all goes well I will be up and running this weekend as I have to change my panel wiring to work with this inverter.

For the 5KW?

• 9 months later...
On 2016/04/15 at 10:09 PM, KLEVA said:

Sorry if I am a bit late to the party, but I do have a day job.

I try treat it as different parts of a system, but for ease of use/installation, others have kept it in one/two (my system has 5 different apps, each doing a seperate task, so not ideal for generic/home user).

At the end of the day, if you can't/unwilling to do yourself, then you have to rely on the developer providing the feature... Ask nicely, and understand when they say it isn't a priority (only commercial software that you paid for deserves your immediate attention, the rest of us work on what is being requested by others, and when we have the time/skill to apply such feature)

If you are willing to try (as a software developer/hobbiest), then:

• Very, very easy if done right and the database is accessible.
  • From the developer point of view - Another way is to do it is without locking the port... Most software (please I am not speaking for Invertor software here, just making a general comment) tries to lock the port keeping it for it's own use. This is both a good thing and a bad thing, if it locks it then it can be fairly guaranteed it will get data when it asks, if it doesn't lock then there are a large number of software & hardware checks to go through to just talk to the port and make sure it's available.
  • Figure out where you actually want to get the data from, the database or the port (equipment) directly. Database will be simpler to access but you might not have details on how the information is stored.
  • A small program can easily be written to take the data from the previous step and send it to any site. Feel free to ask, no matter the development language, there are a lot of skills/experience in software development specifically for Invertors/Devices.

Please ask if you need further help, many of us are great at programming (even though I personally have learned some hard lessons about Solar Power)...

Kleva, Any possibilities you would be interested in helping to write an app to extract (Once Off) all the data from WatchPower and perhaps dump in SQL or Access so I can use it for reference / comparison for when I move over to Rasberry Pi with AICC.

I can only afford a few beers ...not your Benz OR help pay the new batts..;)