Pylontech Error - UPS application (no solar)

Installed an Axpert MkII 5kVA Inverter with 2 x Plylontech US2000 batteries and an ICC system - no solar panels.

System is to be used as a load shedding power back-up.

The batteries have never discharged (besides limited testing after installation) yet the master Pylontech keeps on giving an error - the red alarm light comes on. There is no error on the slave battery.

The error disappears when turning the batteries on and off by pressing the on/off switch. If I press the SW button, nothing happens. 

The error then re-appears a day or so later.

Battery values programmed in the inverter is as recommended on this forum. 

Any idea why?

That's almost certainly a high voltage alarm error. I used to get that as well when the batteries where not being cycled. The Venus GX used to report on it as in the image below.

image.png.d5b57664578be986c90a553477c5d7f4.png

It went away when I added panels and started using ESS properly but it does return if I have to use the 'Keep Batteries Charged' setting. 

On 2020/07/10 at 1:12 PM, Smirresa said:

The error disappears when turning the batteries on and off by pressing the on/off switch. If I press the SW button, nothing happens. 

We tested it on one site, but cant remember the frequency. Its exactly 48 or 72 hours that will trigger the alarm. If you reset it, it will happen a gain after 48 or 72 Hours. 

54 minutes ago, VisN said:

when the batteries where not being cycled.

This is correct. 

On 2020/07/10 at 1:12 PM, Smirresa said:

Any idea why?

They go into a sleep mode - with Victron inverter switching to using ESS stops it - For Axpert no idea

Explained here -  I also had the same problem till i switched to using ESS

On 2020/07/10 at 9:12 PM, Smirresa said:

Unfortunately, there are several sets of recommended voltages. At the high voltage end are the 53.2 V, recommended by the manufacturer, but these are so high that Axperts routinely drive the battery voltage high enough to cause the BMS to disconnect. This will presumably turn on the red alarm LED.

My recommended settings are at the low voltage end; users have reported no problems with these:

PylonTech settings.png