Battery scam or bargain?

ManiLow

• 2 months later...
On 2020/08/24 at 5:17 PM, Beat said:

how did I find out that I was delivered with stolen batteries?
Well, such batteries are not just simple devices with 2 terminals like car batteries. These are sophisticated systems with built in microprocessor controlled battery management system, with display, keyboard and communication connectors. On the front panel is a warning label: Read the instructions before use. But there was no instruction delivered with the batteries. Not thinking of any bad I visited the website of the manufacturer LEOCH in the attempt to download the instructions. But I could not find them. So I wrote a message to please send me the instructions. The next day I got an answer from the representative agent of LEOCH in South Africa, asking me the serial numbers of the batteries and from whom I bought them. I wondered what the serial numbers have to do with the instructions and I couldn't find any on the equipment. He then explained to me that such battery are stolen from cellphone installations since this type of batteries are exclusively sold to cellphone networks. And that these are shipped with instructions, with communication cable and a software cd.
Then I found the following video on internet:https://youtu.be/P2gSsN8NlRg.
I immediately requested the Installer JLS-Solar in Voorbay/Mosselbay to take them back and to reimburse the money. He reclaimed them the same day but with reimbursing it went not so fast. Finally he payed back in 2 parts up to R2000.
I then bought and got delivered replacement from the official importer Averge Ltd. They are technically the same as the stolen ones but light gray instead black and with slightly changed front panel.

Hi there - 

similar situation- can I please get your contact number or email address? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/04/29 at 8:03 AM, Linja said:

Hi there - 

similar situation- can I please get your contact number or email address? 

I sent you a PM some time ago.

• 2 months later...