Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Gerald_db

pvoutput.org

Hey Don

I just stumbled over your pics on PVO of your tracker... you have to upload them to the gallery... the thing is a meneer... Is wind not an issue!!!

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

you have to upload them to the gallery.

I know Mark, I just need to finish up a few small details and some covers to hide all the wires, then I will upload them. I just can't seem to get it finished. 

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Is wind not an issue!!!

Yes, if they are in the upright position, the panels flex in the wind like they have been made from rubber. We had 2 windstorms about 2 months ago. Wind speed of up to 100 km/h. The wind uprooted several massive trees that must have been at least 100 years old in our neighbourhood. Took the municipality about a week to clean up the mess. I expected the panels to come flying of the tracker at any moment, but they survived.

The tracker has an anemometer and a controller looking after that issue. At >12 m/s winds the controller parks the panels flat on its back in the horizontal position with the least wind resistance. The problem is it takes time for the tracker to get to that position. If I am home, I go park them when the wind gets up to 8 m/s. 

Lets see if I now have the PVO data right. Did some major rework yesterday on how I now send data to PVO.

So maybe the time has now come to see if 2 of the smallest arrays on the group, can offer a challenge to all on the efficiency thing. :P

1 minute ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

So maybe the time has now come to see if 2 of the smallest arrays on the group, can offer a challenge to all on the efficiency thing. :P

It is easy, you punch in a manual number and start the day off with an efficiency of 5.6 at 10h00.:P

2 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Lets see if I now have the PVO data right. Did some major rework yesterday on how I now send data to PVO.

Well done TTT. I will be watching you.

10 minutes ago, Don said:

It is easy, you punch in a manual number and start the day off with an efficiency of 5.6 at 10h00.:P

:D:D I have that T-shirt already. EDIT: Was top of the pops with ease only to find out I was sending more than just my data to my PVO. 

If it works as I expect, thanks to a suggestion from a very clever PVO guy here on the forum, I think the sky is the limit with how we can send data anywhere to both PVO and EMON.

Catering for up to 6 devices per site, ja I have 6, gets very interesting very fast.

Flip side to that, it makes you think a few times before you do anything for it gets very complicated very fast.

But when you get it down simple and easy, then you know you have it right.

So wot, a year later ... let the games begin.

22 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

I think the sky is the limit with how we can send data anywhere to both PVO and EMON.

ICC has been doing that flawlessly for me since December. Last week I updated and upgraded my Pi and something went wrong. Gave me a lot of error messages. I redid it and it did the update and upgrade. But since then, Emon works fine, but there is a problem sending data to PVOutput. It used to send data every 5 minutes and it would show Ok. Now it tries to send data and fails. Data gets sent anything between 5 minutes to 1 hour. Seems I will have to reload the Pi again. 

This is what it is supposed to look like. Successfully sent data at 9h25.

58d229446ca76_PvOutfail1.thumb.JPG.adb9b7b2b6f7326b440686b68e66196a.JPG

The next time it tried to send data at 9h30, it failed again.

58d2299f526b9_PvOutfail2.thumb.JPG.4c0c895159172ec6df8875012905ab04.JPG

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Looks like I managed 3rd or 4th Yesterday. Had a bit of clouds at mid day. Otherwise a good one. No tracking or anything on my system.

That is very good Travis. Well done.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Data gets sent anything between 5 minutes to 1 hour.

Got that T-Shirt too - easy to miss the sweet spot. ;)

Sending data from a Axpert/Infini/GoodWe with a built in MPPT and separate BMV is easy, once you get the data read from the device. Credits to all whom have mastered that. It is easy but sometimes not.

But if you get say another BMV for a 2nd small system you want with a MPPT and a separate inverter, that is what we aim for because we don't want to have to run a 2nd version of any software on a 2nd device or 3rd device.

There are quite a few of us here whom have more than one device that we need to send data to PVO and EMON, grouped as we want, and nothing I found can do that, not here nor elsewhere, least of all on Windows.

@Don, I have on occasions similar issues with PVO, mine has died a few times out of the blue, but most failures I attribute to when the Pi restarts after an overload (Axpert Shutdown), like what happened yesterday. Everything resets perfectly, bar PVO. I have to kickstart it manually (you have to shutdown ICC, it restarts automatically), and then some time later the status goes to OK. Would be nice to get a MQTT alert when certain critical failures happen, e.g. PVO / EMON/ Grid process failure.

In order to keep my pi alive all the time, I got one of these USB battery "banks" to run your cellphone when the phone battery goes flat, but got it wrong. Most of these do not work the way we want it to work, i.e. providing power to the pi and battery being charged at the same time. Seems only certain models can do that. The run of the mill ones cannot support this, so I am contemplating stripping the lipo cells out to make a nice 18V lipo battery for my Ryobi Cordless drill, of which the original NiCad's have fail a year ago. I need to remember to take photo's when I start and post it as a project, but first a lot of wooden cottage pane widows to strip down and reseal....grrrrr.

13 hours ago, Don said:

That is ****** figures. He popped online at 10h00 for the first time and already produced 22.5 kWh at an efficiency of 5.6, haha. That is more than his daily average. 22.5  kWh / 3 hours of sunlight for the day means he produced 7 300 watt flat out for 3 hours since 7h00 with his 4 000 watt panels. That is close to 200%. Then in the next 8 hours he cannot even equal that production, what a joke. His current production at 10h00 was only 2450 watt. How did he manage a constant 7 300 watt the 3 hours before that? That is something Edwards Pharmacy does with 60 panels and full sun. He must post his production graphs for the day. I would like to see how he produced 22.5 kWh in the first 3 hours. That must be an all time world record.

If I had 1 more hour of sun, I would have run past him with his 20 kWh head start.

I don't think it it is done maliciously it is just the way PVOutput works. His data is incomplete and I notice that when I had incomplete data I had an unbelievable 7.4kWh/kW. 58d2327319531_Screenshot(60).thumb.png.2e52f319ed6b2243d3a56a4e33d65db5.png

I see today he came online again at 10am - so maybe he is manipulating his figures.

12 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

I don't think it it is done maliciously it is just the way PVOutput works. His data is incomplete and I notice that when I had incomplete data I had an unbelievable 7.4kWh/kW. 58d2327319531_Screenshot(60).thumb.png.2e52f319ed6b2243d3a56a4e33d65db5.png

I see today he came online again at 10am - so maybe he is manipulating his figures.

I think he sleeps late and boots his PC at that time ;)

You can log on whenever you want. If your monitoring software is running, whatever you have done for the day, will be posted to PVOutput the first time it sends data to PVOutput. Therefore if you have done 5 kWh for the day at 10h00 and log onto PVOutput, it would post the 5 kWh and carry on from there. If nothing was running and you have an idea what you produced, nothing stops you from punching in a realistic number to similar days at the same time. But to come online and just punch in a number of 23.5 kWh at 10h00, that is just ridiculous, knowing you cannot even do that in a day. It is not that he does not know what he is doing, he has been on PVOutput for 1027 days. 

51 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

Yes, he is manually imputing that number and then starts logging for the day. 

This is what he does on a normal day up to 10h00 without manipulating his figures. Not even 3 kWh and at an efficiency of 0.73 at 10h00. Why he punches in 23.5 kWh, only he knows.

bullshit2.thumb.JPG.aaf2daa7be1f1ec3b6090cba51a43be4.JPG

1 hour ago, Don said:

Yes, he is manually imputing that number and then starts logging for the day. 

Maybe this helps?

2017-03-22_12-31-59.jpg

4 hours ago, Don said:

I know Mark, I just need to finish up a few small details and some covers to hide all the wires, then I will upload them. I just can't seem to get it finished. 

Story of my life :-)

I really need to write the PVOutput/Emon code for Venus/CCGX, then I can also participate. Soon...

TTT, for interest sake, the blue boys have actually run into a CPU-power issue. When they have lots of devices connected, reading them all repeatedly ends up taking too much CPU. So not everything is as efficient as it could be, but it is perhaps still prudent to keep in mind that there is a limit to how much you can do with one tablet/Rpi/whatever. If it was me, I'd just run two Raspberry Pi, just to keep it simple.

39 minutes ago, ibiza said:

Spike at the end of November was raspberry's clock that stopped working and ICC added the data from previous day to the current one.

That is understandable and those things do happen. 

First time in weeks i check in on pvoutput.org and see that i'm (Brand21) nr 19 on the efficiency side of the pv ladder.
Who knew. Lmao

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Czauto said:

(Brand21) nr 19

On 18 ... after I have "lost" a bit of data today.

@Don tomorrow and every day I am watching ... nope, will see now and then but better I do not come ahead of you ne!?

I'm only doing about 5.5kwh/kwp, nothing like what you guys have.

Over the weekend I finally got 600W added to the system... but because the microcare controller I wanted to use turned out to be not fixed, I had to throw in a 100/15 BlueSolar as a stop-gap measure. So I only see 400W out of the 600W I added. I compensated for that however, so the efficiency is not going to get better.

I am however going to split two paralel strings later, which will solve a morning (neighbour's tree) and afternoon (my own roof edge) shading problem, potentially adding a bit more. Will get there in the end...