SolarPower Pro

cvzyl

Not sure if this is the right section, if not, mods please move to appropriate section.

I have an Infini inverter with SNMP card installed but I cannot get the SolarPower Pro software to detect the inverter on the network. Is there anybody on here that are using SolarPower Pro with a similar setup? I can access the inverter using the regular SolarPower software via the USB cable but not via the network cable.

Some questions:

- Do I need to stop the SolarPower software and unplug the USB connection or will it communicate over both protocols at the same time?

- Is special configuration required on the SolarPower Pro side to detect the inverter? Do I need to configure the IP address? Where do I find the IP address used by the SNMP card?

The manual does not contain any details regarding configuration so I assumed it was plug and play.

Thanks

Cobus

install the software, run snmp manager, the I.P should be DHCP or perhaps 192.168.0.1 password 12345678, but i must admit prior to my unit failing i also am having difficulty, one minute i get in and it runs from localhost, next reboot nothing......waiting to see comments as well

Mike

On SNMP Manager I cannot change any settings. All the settings seems to be greyed out and non-responsive. I tried to click on System>Login, used administrator and 12345678 but neither worked.

The SolarPower Pro refers to an SNMP Manager manual but I cannot find that manual anywhere online.

C

Thanks Mike, I got the email.

The trick is in getting the inverter to be picked up when you scan the network. I had to add my network IP range before it was detected. You do that by clicking on the "Add" button next the the box on the lower left. You then enter the first 3 "groups" of numbers of your IP range, in my case I use the 192.168.1.xxx range. Once I did that I clicked scan and it was detected. See screenshot below.

5li84eO.png

Now just to get access from outside my network to the server.

I would think that if you know the IP address of the inverter, you don't have to autodiscover it. Some routers have a web interface that shows the ARP or DHCP tables, from that you can often pick out the ip address of the device you're looking for and just use it. Or configure the inverter with a static ip address instead of using DHCP. Just some ideas...

I've never bothered with SNMP over the years. Probably because my sysadmin activities were limited to hosting things in OTHER people's data centers :-)

• 4 months later...

I have one question regarding the SNMP card, maybe one of you has that knowledge: Can the SNMP card be used for telling the inverter how much energy the battery should deliver to grid in grid-tie mode? I just want a "IP-only" solution without the modbusII card. Maybe the value polled by the modbusII card from the SDM630 energy meter can be set with a simple snmp command on the SNMP card as well.

Would be awesome, if this would be possible.

Maybe I did not express myself very clear: I want to use a SNMP card instead of the ModbusII card (together with the  SDM630 energy meter). I just want, that my batteries cover my household consumtion.

I already have a modbus card that works fine: my Household consumption is ~0 W. But I want to get same with SNMP card.