Inverter monitoring

Willem H

My inverter came with watchtower cd and if I plug my laptop into the comms port then I can see the readings but need to get the data stored, which I think would work with the raspberri pi. You must excuse me but my knowledge is zero on this stuff, but not afraid to learn and do things myself.  So gladly accept advice.

Yep mine also came with watchpower, but its quite useless when you dont have a laptop or pc connected right by the inverter. But on my specific inverter theres also no logging on watchpower. I would really recommend you get a pi 4 at pishop or similar. The software side is free. Added bonus with home assistant is you can automate settings on  your inverter. I use it to switch to batteries late at night when the power draw is less.

Edited by Theokie

If you read the README (pic attached) you will see that I say its an easy to use install script for the docker image from Neds repo. Its the first paragraph of the readme. Also that is not a fork, a fork is this https://github.com/BionicWeb/docker-voltronic-homeassistant. Changes are every 10 seconds reporting, configs for home assistant and mqtt in docker-compose file, but you can find that on the github link provided.  Not sure if thats a problem, the script sets everything up so that you dont need to worry about getting docker running, and home assistant setup. Its a script I made for myself to quickly setup an inverter monitor, so people can use or dont use as they please. 😉

30DB7F20-6367-4135-AB7F-ECB5BA24D0AE.jpeg

Edited by Theokie
More info

• 1 month later...
On 2020/09/10 at 11:34 AM, garethmo said:

im going to give this a bash today and see if i come right, i am a noob to pi and the software so will be interesting to see how it pans out

so just too add to this, it installed fine but i couldn't get it to work.. i eventually jut gave up and built my own grafana graphs to monitor the system