On 2020/08/01 at 3:35 PM, Methuselah said:

Button pressed! Deye 5kW hybrid possibly on its way. Interestingly, there would seem to be zero technical difference between the Deye 5kW and Sunsynk 5kW (also the Inge 5kW). According to the specifications, the Sunsynk 5.5kW "Super Parity Inverter" may have some differences but, other than some software differences evident on the LCD panel, I can identify no hardware differences.

My choice was definitely influenced by the above discussion. Thank you all. I'll report back on installation and operation.

Who is installing it?

On 2020/08/01 at 3:35 PM, Methuselah said:

Button pressed! Deye 5kW hybrid possibly on its way. Interestingly, there would seem to be zero technical difference between the Deye 5kW and Sunsynk 5kW (also the Inge 5kW). According to the specifications, the Sunsynk 5.5kW "Super Parity Inverter" may have some differences but, other than some software differences evident on the LCD panel, I can identify no hardware differences.

My choice was definitely influenced by the above discussion. Thank you all. I'll report back on installation and operation.

Congrats the Sunsynk has better software support etc but you will not be sorry👍🏻

My equipment arrived yesterday: Deye 5kW hybrid inverter, 12 x JA Solar 340W panels, 2 x Pylon 2000 batteries and Renusol roof mounting kit.  Already I'm learning stuff I'd like to have known:-

1. I bought the kit as a unit on-line. The supplier's service was perfectly adequate but I'd not realised that they are drop-shippers, simply source the bits and never see them. There's nothing wrong with that (Amazon do this) but I prefer to get closer to the organ grinder. Should you have a warranty claim (heaven forfend!) you will have to make your way back up the line of smouse, with an invoice that is not in your name... I'm probably over-cautious but we've all seen suppliers scatter from claims, like swimmers who find a turd in the pool.

2. The technical support documentation for the Deye (identical for the Inge 5kW) is positively dreadful. Written in Chinglish with lots of undefined acronyms.  There are a few explanatory vids on YouTube but these, likewise, are extremely difficult to understand. I've found it best to download the video and play it back (very slowly) with the sound turned off.🥴 As reported above, the Sunsynk 5.5kW has much better documentation - on reflection, the extra R2k would have been worth it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality of all the kit. I'd have given my eye teeth for something German-made but that was simply unaffordable so I'm pleased with my choice.

I'm not looking forward to installation... Hold thumbs for me!

1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

2. The technical support documentation for the Deye (identical for the Inge 5kW) is positively dreadful. Written in Chinglish with lots of undefined acronyms.  There are a few explanatory vids on YouTube but these, likewise, are extremely difficult to understand. I've found it best to download the video and play it back (very slowly) with the sound turned off.🥴 As reported above, the Sunsynk 5.5kW has much better documentation - on reflection, the extra R2k would have been worth it.

On a positive. At least you got some documentation with yours. My sunsynk 5KW, came with no documentation. It looked perfectly sealed and just had 2 single pages with some regulatory info on it. No train smash though as all documentation is online. 

It is pretty easy to install though.

On 2020/08/04 at 1:36 AM, AdielK said:

Who is installing it?

Local man who has put in six other systems, mainly load shedding kits (no panels). I'm doing the design and municipal application work so I'm not looking for much technical knowledge, just competent handiwork. You'll hear all about it if he does a great job - and even more if he doesn't!