Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2020/08/01 at 3:35 PM, Methuselah said:

Button pressed! Deye 5kW hybrid possibly on its way. Interestingly, there would seem to be zero technical difference between the Deye 5kW and Sunsynk 5kW (also the Inge 5kW). According to the specifications, the Sunsynk 5.5kW "Super Parity Inverter" may have some differences but, other than some software differences evident on the LCD panel, I can identify no hardware differences.

My choice was definitely influenced by the above discussion. Thank you all. I'll report back on installation and operation.

Who is installing it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020/08/01 at 3:35 PM, Methuselah said:

Button pressed! Deye 5kW hybrid possibly on its way. Interestingly, there would seem to be zero technical difference between the Deye 5kW and Sunsynk 5kW (also the Inge 5kW). According to the specifications, the Sunsynk 5.5kW "Super Parity Inverter" may have some differences but, other than some software differences evident on the LCD panel, I can identify no hardware differences.

My choice was definitely influenced by the above discussion. Thank you all. I'll report back on installation and operation.

Congrats the Sunsynk has better software support etc but you will not be sorry👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

My equipment arrived yesterday: Deye 5kW hybrid inverter, 12 x JA Solar 340W panels, 2 x Pylon 2000 batteries and Renusol roof mounting kit.  Already I'm learning stuff I'd like to have known:-

1. I bought the kit as a unit on-line. The supplier's service was perfectly adequate but I'd not realised that they are drop-shippers, simply source the bits and never see them. There's nothing wrong with that (Amazon do this) but I prefer to get closer to the organ grinder. Should you have a warranty claim (heaven forfend!) you will have to make your way back up the line of smouse, with an invoice that is not in your name... I'm probably over-cautious but we've all seen suppliers scatter from claims, like swimmers who find a turd in the pool.

2. The technical support documentation for the Deye (identical for the Inge 5kW) is positively dreadful. Written in Chinglish with lots of undefined acronyms.  There are a few explanatory vids on YouTube but these, likewise, are extremely difficult to understand. I've found it best to download the video and play it back (very slowly) with the sound turned off.🥴 As reported above, the Sunsynk 5.5kW has much better documentation - on reflection, the extra R2k would have been worth it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality of all the kit. I'd have given my eye teeth for something German-made but that was simply unaffordable so I'm pleased with my choice.

I'm not looking forward to installation... Hold thumbs for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

2. The technical support documentation for the Deye (identical for the Inge 5kW) is positively dreadful. Written in Chinglish with lots of undefined acronyms.  There are a few explanatory vids on YouTube but these, likewise, are extremely difficult to understand. I've found it best to download the video and play it back (very slowly) with the sound turned off.🥴 As reported above, the Sunsynk 5.5kW has much better documentation - on reflection, the extra R2k would have been worth it.

On a positive. At least you got some documentation with yours. My sunsynk 5KW, came with no documentation. It looked perfectly sealed and just had 2 single pages with some regulatory info on it. No train smash though as all documentation is online. 

It is pretty easy to install though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020/08/04 at 1:36 AM, AdielK said:

Who is installing it?

Local man who has put in six other systems, mainly load shedding kits (no panels). I'm doing the design and municipal application work so I'm not looking for much technical knowledge, just competent handiwork. You'll hear all about it if he does a great job - and even more if he doesn't!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning everyone. I recently installed the Inge 8kw version with 4 x Pylontech(series 3000) 3.5kWh batteries and 7.1kW PV - works like a charm - real hybrid.

Set my inverter to "load first", so use the sun from as early as possible, and as soon as the PV produces enough, the batteries are charged. Setup my "time of day" settings so that the batteries are only charged by PV. Allow batteries to drain to 10% before shutdown, but switches over to Eskom when batteries reach 35% - to leave myself 25% capacity for load shedding.

Manage to get to between 4 and 5am in winter before batteries run out. Should be off-grid in summer.

I have 2 questions - maybe someone can assist:

1) Is it bad for the batteries to use them in this way (hybrid), where they are charged / discharged all day depending on load? Will it reduce lifetime a lot?

2) Noticed something weird over the weekend. PV produced around 7kW. When batteries were getting charged at 6kw, they turned yellow on inverter display. As soon as geyser came on at noon and used 3kw, and batteries were charged at 3.5kw, they turned green again. Charge and discharge limits set to 120amp (148 available according to bms - 4 x 37 amp).

Is this a problem? Also noticed when Grid charges batteries, it only charges at around 2kw, but PV seems to charge at whatever is available. Is there somewhere I need to control this? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks - Pieter

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020/08/05 at 1:44 PM, Methuselah said:

Local man who has put in six other systems, mainly load shedding kits (no panels). I'm doing the design and municipal application work so I'm not looking for much technical knowledge, just competent handiwork. You'll hear all about it if he does a great job - and even more if he doesn't!

Cool let us know when installation done.

Edited by AdielK
Edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 2021/03/22 at 10:46 AM, PB15 said:

Hi All, can you please recommend good solar installers? There are many inexperienced out there and don't want to take chances.

Hello PB, if you are in the Western Cape coastal region I can recommend my installer. He's no craftsman, but a reasonably priced journeyman. Let me know if this would help you.

Edited by Methuselah
Added region
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I'm deciding between the same but leaning towards the Solis RHI-6K 48ES-5G hybrid. The reason is the 9.9A limit on the 5kw Sunsynk per MPPT which is below that of the larger panels. Another option has popped up and that is the Sofar HYD 6000 ES. And then, a bit more expensive the Goodwe and the larger Sunsynk. Seems there are a lot of choices at the moment.

I'm leaning towards the Solis RHI though, Solis just looks legit and has a large international footprint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gooseberry said:

I'm deciding between the same but leaning towards the Solis RHI-6K 48ES-5G hybrid. The reason is the 9.9A limit on the 5kw Sunsynk per MPPT which is below that of the larger panels. Another option has popped up and that is the Sofar HYD 6000 ES. And then, a bit more expensive the Goodwe and the larger Sunsynk. Seems there are a lot of choices at the moment.

I'm leaning towards the Solis RHI though, Solis just looks legit and has a large international footprint.

Just check the battery specs for the Solis. I know some of their 5G models use HV batteries, which means you need at least 3 or 4 battery modules off the bat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gooseberry said:

I'm deciding between the same but leaning towards the Solis RHI-6K 48ES-5G hybrid. The reason is the 9.9A limit on the 5kw Sunsynk per MPPT which is below that of the larger panels. Another option has popped up and that is the Sofar HYD 6000 ES. And then, a bit more expensive the Goodwe and the larger Sunsynk. Seems there are a lot of choices at the moment.

I'm leaning towards the Solis RHI though, Solis just looks legit and has a large international footprint.

It looks like this issues has been fixed, I saw the following two screenshots from someone on the Sunsynk Whatsapp support group.

He was using JA Solar 455W panels (JAM72S20 455/MR series).

 

 

inverter.png

inverter2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

It looks like this issues has been fixed, I saw the following two screenshots from someone on the Sunsynk Whatsapp support group.

He was using JA Solar 455W panels (JAM72S20 455/MR series).

 

 

inverter.png

inverter2.png

That’s great news. Was this after a firmware update? Pity there is no public change log or history that we can see what was done in each version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020/07/27 at 10:11 AM, PC1 said:

I have installed the Deye 8kw a week ago. Took me a while to figure it all out, but it works like a charm. True Hybrid. Mixes energy from either PV & Grid, or PV & Batteries. But the real nice thing is the level to which you can customise it. I set mine to "load first". As soon as the sun comes up, it starts powering the house, and use the excess to power the batteries. When the sun sets, it starts running of batteries. It set it up to go back to grid at 40% (20% to protect the bateries and 20% buffer to cater for load-shedding). Around 22:00 my batteries run out, and it reverts to grid. So I have no electricity bill between 08:00 and 22:00 - even run my geyser of it. And when the sun is shining, it charges my batteries again. With the touch of a button you can change it to load the batteries from grid if need be. Really impressed with it. Busy ordering more batteries as we speak - to take me totally off grid on sunny days... 

I am from Jamaica and want to purchase a Deye 8kw hybrid inverter, what is the best site to purchase it from?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...