Sunsynk 8kW

Johann1982

1 minute ago, phidz said:

Thanks a lot. I guess I just have to be patient till summer. It says COMM:e416 and MCU:3161

I have a 5kw inverter

@Leshencan comment on what the current software of the 5kw inverter is. 

1 minute ago, Leshen said:

Hi Achmat. 3161 is the latest firmware on the 5kw 

Hi,

how do I update my firmware? I have emailed Sunsynk but did not yet get a reply.

Jacques

5 hours ago, Achmat said:

Welcome to the sunsynk club. 

I've had the same experience where installers are only familiar with the axpert type inverters installed as a load shedding solution. 

1. If the inverter is switched off, the loads will be disconnected. You should have a transfer switch before the inverter so that you can switch the loads back to grid if you need to switch the inverter off for maintenance and repairs. 

2. I don't have the neutral bond on mine installed and have not had any issues so can't comment on how to test if you need to have this done or not. 

3. Can you share your system mode screen. If you tick limit to load then the batteries will only be used for the loads and not go to the grid side. 

I have tested limit to load but it looks like it also cuts off pv power to grid. Is it how it works?

IMG_20210521_120527__01.jpg

7 minutes ago, phidz said:

I have tested limit to load but it looks like it also cuts off pv power to grid. Is it how it works?

IMG_20210521_120527__01.jpg

Hi Phidz. 

That’s correct

2 hours ago, phidz said:

Thanks, I wish I could turn off battery only but that's fine it will work for me.

What batteries do you have? 

Lithium is meant to be cycled. I run mine down to 20% SOC every day. The less you use overall from the grid, the quicker the system will pay for itself. 

6 000 cycles is over 16 years. Just letting them stand and not utilising them becomes a waste. Unless you have Lead Acid batteries then I would suggest you keep them only for backup when the grid fails. 

13 minutes ago, Achmat said:

What batteries do you have? 

Lithium is meant to be cycled. I run mine down to 20% SOC every day. The less you use overall from the grid, the quicker the system will pay for itself. 

6 000 cycles is over 16 years. Just letting them stand and not utilising them becomes a waste. Unless you have Lead Acid batteries then I would suggest you keep them only for backup when the grid fails. 

I have lithium but with underfloor heating, the battery will be depleted in an hour.

19 minutes ago, phidz said:

I have lithium but with underfloor heating, the battery will be depleted in an hour.

Ok. Makes sense then. Another option could be to put the underfloor heating on a different circut before the CT sensor so the inverter will not even see it as it will only push back to loads before the inverter up to where its connected. 

3 hours ago, Leshen said:

Hi Phidz. 

That’s correct

Have a look at my screenshots. You will see the grid export (house) which i do not see on your display.

Also, when your load is low, and your batteries are full then the mppt will cut off as there is not much to supply.

20210521_161720.jpg

9 minutes ago, Induna said:

Have a look at my screenshots. You will see the grid export (house) which i do not see on your display.

Also, when your load is low, and your batteries are full then the mppt will cut off as there is not much to supply.

20210521_161720.jpg

Hi Induna

The reason his grid export doesn’t show like with yours (house symbol) is because he has limit to load ticked. 

Just now, Leshen said:

Hi Induna

The reason his grid export doesn’t show like with yours (house symbol) is because he has limit to load ticked. 

Ahh yes. I actually use my batteries for both grid and load side.

PHIDZ: Any reason why you only discharge 1000w, 2000w etc at certain times? 

5 minutes ago, Induna said:

Ahh yes. I actually use my batteries for both grid and load side.

PHIDZ: Any reason why you only discharge 1000w, 2000w etc at certain times? 

not really, i was just testing to see what would happen if i use the oven since it's on the load circuit. I forgot to remove it

Why will anyone not export to grid if they have an old analog spinning meter and use the utility as a big battery? Except the fact that the utilility will frown upon that off course. 😏

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Has anyone had a problem of an unresponsive touch screen with their inverter? I have to press an item on the screen 10 or more times before it registers on my 5kw inverter. 

I tried a factory reset but it did not help. I am on e416 3161 software version

Edited by phidz

4 minutes ago, phidz said:

Has anyone had a problem of an unresponsive touch screen with their inverter? I have to press an item on the screen 10 or more times before it registers on my 5kw inverter. 

It could be that the touchscreen is failing and needs to be replaced. It should be covered by the warrantee. I think I've seen one other poster that had to have his touchscreen replaced under warrantee. 

6 minutes ago, phidz said:

Hi Phidz

Get your installer to take it up with Sunsynk. It’s covered under the warranty. 

The protective transparent plastic on my inverter screen is starting to bubble up in places, but everything still works, so am leaving it as is for now.

26 minutes ago, Achmat said:

It could be that the touchscreen is failing and needs to be replaced. It should be covered by the warrantee. I think I've seen one other poster that had to have his touchscreen replaced under warrantee. 

Thanks, I will do that

1 hour ago, Vassen said:

Mine is the same. 

it just means you are playing with the settings too much. 😂

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

@Vassen, oh, no, you caught me out 😯😯

I removed mine after a month. Scran still looks like new.