New software for Inverter/Pylontech monitoring and control

Hi.  According to pylontech manual pin 1 and 8 are the same, Pin 2 and 7 the same.  They recommend using 6 -grd, 7 - RS485A and 8 - RS485B.  Will change connector to see if any change.

I'm using usb to serial convertor that I use with all my softwares for PLC programming and have no hassles.  Some PLC's have issues if convertor not good.  

On the 9 pin plug what must the connection be.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @yani Really nice software. One question, is there a way to get it to switch to solar at 07:00 and grid at 16:00? I'm using agm batteries and the switch to grid or battery does not work. I assume the switch only works when you have Pylons connected, or is there a way to do it while having the agm's connected?

sibmain.thumb.JPG.52605ce88e482f8acdca24f5f0160885.JPGsibswitch.JPG.33aaa32b67fc37d63e4c360822887b84.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I did make a serial cable for the console port on the Pylontech U3000 that plugs into a USB to RS232 convertor. Images to make the cable are in an earlier post. At first I could not get it to work. Checking on this forum and in the pylontech manual I found on this forum the baud rate of the USB to serial must be set to 1200 in windows. I hope this info helps the next guy trying to connect the Pylontech through the console port. It all works 100%. This is really great software :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020/12/19 at 5:02 PM, Newbie said:

@Xman.

May you kindly share the schematic diagram for the cables please if you don't mind. I am planning to build one for my unit as well .. 

Many thanks

image.png

This is the diagram I used

I used one of these connectors below. I had a old phone cable with the 4 wires and I crimped a rj45 on the one end so I did not need to solder the connector

https://www.comx-computers.co.za/ADA023-Unbranded-RS232-9-pin-Female-Serial-to-RJ45-Buy-p-171417.php

Hope this helps

On 2020/12/19 at 5:02 PM, Newbie said:

@Xman.

May you kindly share the schematic diagram for the cables please if you don't mind. I am planning to build one for my unit as well .. 

Many thanks

You get a connector like as well this is you want to avoid soldering

https://www.comx-computers.co.za/DELOCK-65268-Delock-9-pin-Sub-d-F-Terminal-Block-Buy-p-173531.php

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody

I installed this software with a Axpert MAX 7.2 and had a problem reading the second PV string.
I contacted Yani yesterday and today he send me a updated version of the software.

Excellent service for a Free version of software.

So once more, many thanks to Yani for the quick response.

Your software looks great and works well now.

Tj

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

So, firstly, can MultiSIB control be run from a Pi?  Because I don't want to tie up my laptop monitoring my inverter.

And then secondly, is there a way of linking it to my MCB to turn off, for example, the pool pump when the battery (Pylontech) SOC drops below a certain level, and turn it back on again when it climbs back up again?

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Tested Multisibcontrol on Windows 10 laptop. Picked up my Mercer MKII's(Parallel setup) but at first could not see my 4 Pylontechs(US3000c).

I made up my RJ45 to Serial(Diagrams attached) , plugged it into console port of master battery and used a regular serial to usb cable to connect it to the USB port on my laptop. After plugging and removing a few times it still didn't work. 

I then opened Device Manager on windows 10 , plugged in the usb/serial cable again and saw a little ! indicating incorrect drivers of the new device. I clicked on properties / update driver / windows recommended search from internet. The CH340 driver was installed(same as arduino drivers I think). Once installed I unplugged the usb/serial and plugged it back in opened Multisibcontrol. After a few seconds it detected all 4 Pylontechs and showed all parameters. I did not have to change Baud rate settings.

I plan on using an old laptop and chrome remote desktop to mirror the desktop onto my computer and work or onto my phone for now.
Pylontech-to-Serial(Male).thumb.jpg.79160a257eae3e2db6f6e3037dd6022d.jpg

Pylontech-Serial(Female)-cable.thumb.jpg.f021d0d79ff181dd276af46f9d4401d1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got any examples of the Device Control setup? 

Is it possible to check the Pylontech's SOC% is > 95% at 17h00, if NOT then change Output Source Priority to SUB. Once the SOC% is > 95% then change Output Source Priority to SBU.  

If there is another way to do this please advice me.