2 minutes ago, mojive said:
1 hour ago, Vassen said:

you should also probably request a firmware update so that you are on the latest if you haven’t done so already. 

Need to check the versions. What would the newest version be. Is it easy to update?

Whats the procedure for the FirmWare update?

Appreciate the support from u all here thanks.

4 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Do you have the wifi dongle? You need to request the update from sunsynk and they will send it through remotely. 

Latest version Is e410 and MCU 2137 I think. 

No wifi dongle yet. Did the installation for a friend. So will probably check the version tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, mojive said:

No wifi dongle yet. Did the installation for a friend. So will probably check the version tomorrow.

Okay in that case it gets a bit complicated. You can maybe contact sunsynk support and ask them if there’s any other way to update. 

But honestly, the dongle makes life a lot easier especially for monitoring. 

27 minutes ago, mojive said:

Seems to be stuck on 88%. Will look at FW versions today and get the wifi dongle.

Pylons have a well known "feature" that during charging the SOC stays on 89% until it is almost full, and the very quickly jumps to 100%.  Not sure where the 88% comes from, but perhaps it is related.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

Pylons have a well known "feature" that during charging the SOC stays on 89% until it is almost full, and the very quickly jumps to 100%.  Not sure where the 88% comes from, but perhaps it is related.

Well it was on 88% all night and up to around 3pm this afternoon. The system is initially setup as a backup ups mode. Thought the same as you but still waiting for the jump to 100%.

4 hours ago, Vassen said:

What do the battery setup screens look like?

The charge/discharge here shows 70/40 respectively but the battery was charging on 37A. This is also the spec for the pylontech. The settings on the inverter are overridden by the battery BMS. I changed the  charge/discharge on inverter to 37/37A as per battery spec.  Have the dongle now so will also check the firmware versions. Does the battery also have firmware?

IMG_20200902_141725.jpg

IMG_20200902_141736.jpg

IMG_20200902_141717.jpg

4 hours ago, mojive said:

The charge/discharge here shows 70/40 respectively but the battery was charging on 37A. This is also the spec for the pylontech. The settings on the inverter are overridden by the battery BMS. I changed the  charge/discharge on inverter to 37/37A as per battery spec.  Have the dongle now so will also check the firmware versions. Does the battery also have firmware?

IMG_20200902_141725.jpg

IMG_20200902_141736.jpg

IMG_20200902_141717.jpg

Saw your post now on the sunsynk forum. 

Try swapping the batteries around and see if that work. Make the current slave the master. It could be that the BMS is faulty. 

4 hours ago, mojive said:

IMG_20200902_141725.jpg

IMG_20200902_141736.jpg

IMG_20200902_141717.jpg

The alarm light seems to be on. What alarms is it throwing. 

The normal led is also not on, so I guess something is not right. Have you checked what happens when the AC is turned off.

I also have grid signal and activate battery enabled on mine. 

2 minutes ago, Vassen said:

The alarm light seems to be on. What alarms is it throwing. 

The normal led is also not on, so I guess something is not right. Have you checked what happens when the AC is turned off.

Have you tried power cycling the entire setup. Inverter off, battery off, battery on, inverter on. 

21 minutes ago, Vassen said:

IMG_20200903_144228.thumb.jpg.12d264dab1725ce05096ceb25bc531b8.jpgThe alarm light seems to be on. What alarms is it throwing. 

That was when we first powered up everything and the battery was 41% SOC and 10 minutes later loadshedding hit🥵. and later when the battery was below 30% the photo was taken. Here is a shot from today 230pm.

23 hours ago, Vassen said:

Latest version Is e410 and MCU 2137 I think. 

Have COMM:e405 and MCU:2130. Purchased the wifi dongle today and will see how that goes. Any tips will be appreciated.

Did see on the Sunsynk website the ffg. warning: Quote

"Before doing any upgrade on the Sunsynk UI please check that the inverter is newer than:- 1904 xxxx

If older than this model number then the only upgrade that can be done is

E410 Otherwise you will damage the inverter.

Please take care to check the ID number of the inverter before attempting any new upgrade."

Is the 1904 xxxx the ID number?  Mine starts with 2004
10 hours ago, mojive said:

Have COMM:e405 and MCU:2130. Purchased the wifi dongle today and will see how that goes. Any tips will be appreciated.

Did see on the Sunsynk website the ffg. warning: Quote

"Before doing any upgrade on the Sunsynk UI please check that the inverter is newer than:- 1904 xxxx

If older than this model number then the only upgrade that can be done is

E410 Otherwise you will damage the inverter.

Please take care to check the ID number of the inverter before attempting any new upgrade."

Is the 1904 xxxx the ID number?  Mine starts with 2004

I think that refers to the serial number probably starting with year and month. 

23 hours ago, Vassen said:

Set the Grid Signal ON and the Activata ON  and Voila! it went up to 100%.

Thanks to ALL who contributed for all the advice and tips.

Will hold back with the Software updates for a while to monitor the system.

Mucho appreciated.

Bro In Law has acquired a Sunsynk 8kw and 2* 3,5kw pylontechs. Has a SMA SunnyBoy 3.6kw and 3kw panels currently. Wants me to rig the system up. So above was a good learning curve.

Have 2 options 1. Flog the SunnyBoy and use only the Sunsynk with a backup generator for eventual Offgrid. And add a 3rd pylontech down the road.

Or

2. Parallel the Sunnyboy with the Sunsynk for now to overcome loadshedding and do option 1 down the road.

Looking forward to doing this.

16 minutes ago, mojive said:

Bro In Law has acquired a Sunsynk 8kw and 2* 3,5kw pylontechs. Has a SMA SunnyBoy 3.6kw and 3kw panels currently. Wants me to rig the system up. So above was a good learning curve.

Have 2 options 1. Flog the SunnyBoy and use only the Sunsynk with a backup generator for eventual Offgrid. And add a 3rd pylontech down the road.

Or

2. Parallel the Sunnyboy with the Sunsynk for now to overcome loadshedding and do option 1 down the road.

I think you can ac couple the sunnyboy on the aux input of the SunSynk inverter for additional capacity. 

22 minutes ago, mojive said:

Or

Why not just move the panels into the sunsynk. 

As @Achmatsaid, you could use the AC coupling but don’t see the benefit of not using the built in mppt unless you are also adding panels with the new set up as well. 

1 minute ago, Vassen said:

As @Achmatsaid, you could use the AC coupling but don’t see the benefit of not using the built in mppt unless you are also adding panels with the new set up as well. 

Yes that's a plan but will have to look at the specifics closer since the roof real estate allows for only two more panels and if we AC couple will waste the MPPTs on the Sunsynk.  Currently 11 panels 6 & 5 panels per string into SunnyBoy on N facing unhaded roof and not visible to public. Will need to convince Bro in law to use the other roof spaces for more panels. He is not so keen wrt. aesthetics.

Will try and convince him otherwise. Will keep the group updated.