PV Master app keeps crashing when updating settings on Goodwe ES4.6kW

DaleW

Question

PV Master version: 4.2.3

I can't update advanced settings on my Goodwe ES4.6kW inverter. If I make changes and hit "Set" the app crashes with a Java error complaining about java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "". Looks like it's expecting a number but getting an empty string, but there are no empty fields that need a value. This happens even if hitting "Set" without making any changes.

Does anyone know if there's another way to make updates, e.g. via a PC or web browser and not a flaky Android app? The app used to work, but I expect it probably updated itself at some point. Build date of the app claims 30 Nov 1979 so no idea when it was last updated.

1 answer to this question

Hi DaleW,

The PV Master application will try and auto-update itself every time you start it and I see my version is currently on V4.2.3.

Have you tried installing the application on a different phone/tablet, to see if it is a device error perhaps?

Also, are you connecting directly to the Goodwe inverter Wi-Fi, or trying to connect through your home Wi-Fi?