software for sunsynk + pylontech combo

8 minutes ago, Bloubul7 said:

Unfortunately I didn't save my yaml layout when I tried out this method.

OK Thanks, I got the Node red working, and the HA poller working, Just busy Deciding what route is the better one.

Feels like i would have more control in Node, with error handling and so.

HA for Ref:

config.yaml

modbus:
  - type: tcp
    host: 172.16.193.189
    port: 8899
    name: Sunsynk

Sensor.yaml

- platform: modbus
   scan_interval: 20
   registers:
    - name: Serial Number
      hub: Sunsynk
      slave: 1
      register: 3
      count: 5
      data_type: string

image.png.86f4a6e158b702fe6a4d2bc39700aade.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have emoncms already existing and using it with solpi for my current MPP, solpi pulls information from the inverter to the emoncms. Is there a solpiplog like way to pull information from the deye inverter to emoncms?

Edited by ojeysky

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for a very interesting thread. However I have tried everything but cannot get comms from the RS485 port.

1. I made a cable using Justin Schoeman's diagram (bottom picture)

2. I am using a RS485 to USB TTL (https://www.communica.co.za/products/bmt-usb-rs485-ttl-converter-ftdi)

3. Plugged into a RPI3 running the Modbus TCP Gateway (https://github.com/3cky/mbusd)

I am not seeing any RX/TX leds flashing on the TTL converter so I am assuming it is not sending anything.

The inverter is connected to a Pylontech 3000 on the CAN port and I have a Sofarsolar Solarman LSW-3 logger connected to the Wifi interface port.

Questions:

1. Is there a hidden "enable RS485" setting anywhere?

2. Must a RS485 ID be set somewhere?

3. Must the inverter be rebooted to enable new connections?

4. Must the Wifi logger be diconnected?

I am very comfortable with Home Assistant / Grafana / Influx etc but cannot get any data from the inverter!

@Bloubul7 @JustinSchoeman @Cybertza

I am not sending anything - sorry I am a real noob on modbus. I sounds like I need to send a request and will then get an "answer"? Not sure how.

I was under the impression that the inverter will "stream" info automatically and I wil then decode and use what is needed / useful. 

I can send text via nodered as a test - what do I send though?

Please excuse my ignorance - I need advice.

Innes

Edited by innesleroux

On 2020/11/24 at 10:37 PM, Cybertza said:

Here is my Node Layout for ref, Still busy playing, but seems to be working ok as well.

I think the HA direct is going to be a pain with all the restarts that would be required to test.

image.thumb.png.bf55066ebd839ded9fd4eb47d663b75d.png

Hi All

Really good thread thanks for sharing all the insight,

@Cybertzawould you mind sharing the above node red flow as a JSON export to help us get started ?

Cliff

How would you measure / report on power fails / load shedding?

I can monitor "Grid side L1 power" (167) that reports correctly that there is a 0.00W supply. If however the PV panels supply more than needed this also goes to zero, really messing up automations as there is not a power failure but at a state that power from the grid is not needed.

How would you monitor power fail (i.e. no incomming power from grid) vs "no supply needed as there is enough" ?

Secondly:

How would you write to the registers? I use node red and use to read: (example reads 248 "time of use" state i.e. on or off)

'function': 3, 
    'address': 248, 
    'quantity': 1

If I want to change / set the state what do I do?

'function': 10, (this is suppose to be write)

'address': 248, (the address that needs to change)

'number of registers': 1 (what is the syntax? Am I correct that it is only 1 register?)  

'byte count': ? (what is the syntax? Is it one byte 0/1?)

'new value': 1, (can only be 1 or 0..)

I get error "Error: Quantity should be less or equal to register payload array length: undefined Addr: 248 "

Thanks

16 minutes ago, innesleroux said:

How would you measure / report on power fails / load shedding?

I can monitor "Grid side L1 power" (167) that reports correctly that there is a 0.00W supply. If however the PV panels supply more than needed this also goes to zero, really messing up automations as there is not a power failure but at a state that power from the grid is not needed.

How would you monitor power fail (i.e. no incomming power from grid) vs "no supply needed as there is enough" ?

Secondly:

How would you write to the registers? I use node red and use to read: (example reads 248 "time of use" state i.e. on or off)

'function': 3, 
    'address': 248, 
    'quantity': 1

If I want to change / set the state what do I do?

'function': 10, (this is suppose to be write)

'address': 248, (the address that needs to change)

'number of registers': 1 (what is the syntax? Am I correct that it is only 1 register?)  

'byte count': ? (what is the syntax? Is it one byte 0/1?)

'new value': 1, (can only be 1 or 0..)

I get error "Error: Quantity should be less or equal to register payload array length: undefined Addr: 248 "

Thanks

Can you get the grid frequency? It drops during load shedding. 

Screenshot_20210116-144524_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

12 hours ago, ojeysky said:

I have just installed Deye 8kw, but the fan makes significant noise, much more than the MPP GK that was was using before. I am thinking a firmware update might help, please how do I do update on this thing?

You will need to contact deye and give them the inverter serial number and you must have the WiFi data logger. They will push through the update. 

4 hours ago, Achmat said:

You will need to contact deye and give them the inverter serial number and you must have the WiFi data logger. They will push through the update. 

Done thanks. I am using s generic lifepo4 cells with the inverter, when I selected the lithium charging profile I was not able to find where to set the charge voltage. Looks like the profile meant for littium with compatible BMS which mine does not have as am ANT BMS.

I then used the lead acid profile but the charge voltage stays at 54v which is the float voltage that I set...it does not get to absorption which is 55.2. Any suggestion on how to address this?

Thanks

On 2020/11/06 at 8:52 AM, Halcyon said:

Hi Bluobul

A fellow Sunsynk owner managed to log into the Sunsynk supplied WIFI logger.  I pasted his feedback posted on the Sunsynk forum below.  Would this assist in anyway for your custom monitoring project?  Does it indicate that one may be able to do away with having to use a Raspberry Pi to manage the data/transfer?

"Hi folks, somewhat related, I noticed the data logger listens on port 80/http, and has a web UI, and allows doing config for the data logger. First, it has default password of admin:admin.

Hehe, um, this is exactly why I have proper wifi setup with my IoT stuff on a seperate VLAN and wifi SSID. IoT things aren't that secure. Anyhow, noticed you can at least change the admin console HTTP password for it to something a little less guessable than admin:admin. 

There does seem to be a feature to cater for 2 servers, so if we get to know what protocol to use, we could possibly setup our own data logging receiver server.

file.pnga27d24_2c2985065d414d27896bb14e255745dd~mv2.webp

I am also stuck at this point, did you make progress beyond this? I am trying to get the data to mqtt or directly to my emoncms instance

On 2020/10/06 at 7:15 AM, Bloubul7 said:

You can check Github, there are a couple of webscrapers available for Solarman

https://github.com/tonsnoei/SolarmanWifiApi

https://github.com/XtheOne/Inverter-Data-Logger

Has anyone been able to get either of the webscraper above to work with deye/sunsynk wifi module adaptor?  tried with no luck yet

Edited by ojeysky

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2020 at 11:28 AM, Bloubul7 said:

Awesome thanks, couldn't find it in the PDF manual.

My inverter monitoring is atleast now up and running.  Still need to add the rest of the strings that would be useful, format the values, clean up the interface and create some nice graphs

HA_Solar.thumb.PNG.1df76b1057f02afb95ddc6249417bcb5.PNG

Could you share pics of what your connection cable looks like? I am planning to get the attached USB rs485 converter as well, will it work?

USB To RS485 Converter Adapter (1_1).jpg