Deye 5kva Inverter

Hi

Does anyone have experience setting up this particular machine. Purchased a bundle offer from a company for my parents home and had it setup but the inverter does not switch over to battery when Eskom is down. 

Before returning the machine I just wanted to find out other experiences with the Deye inverter as we have failed at every turn to figure this thing out. 

Plus my folks are old school so they on my case. How could I get something so expensive that does not work...eish.

Also have the 5kw sunsynk and there are only slight differences in the functionality between the sunsynk and deye. The GUI may look different but everything still seems to be there. 

can you provide details about the kit. What battery, battery interface. Is the inverter recognizing the battery. 

what happens when eskom does, does the inverter also switch off

Hi

The battery is a Pylontech 3000. The inverter reads all the info in regard to the battery. Charges it ect. It just does not switch over to the battery when Eskom goes out. The inverter stays on. You can here it click inside but no power output when it supposed to change over.

I know it may sound stupid but did you check that it’s not set to bypass on the changeover if you have 1 installed. 

I somehow don’t think that it’s possible to disable the switching over to battery especially if it sees the battery and is able to charge. 

If you have access to a multimeter, I would disconnect the load cables and check the voltage On the load output when the grid is on and then again when the grid is turned off. 

Some pictures of the install would help