Multichannel battery cell monitor

NoordSolar

Has anyone used one of these multichannel battery monitors designed for the RC guys ??  https://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/digital-battery-capacity-checker-tester-cellmeter-8-lipo-battery-discharger-balancer-rc-servo-tester.html

https://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/charger-and-power-supplies/charger-accessories/isdt-batterygo-bg-8s-smart-battery-checker.html

Just wondering if you can keep then permanently wired in or do they draw current unequally from the cells ? Perhaps other issues when permanently on

currently i use both of them, albeit a cellmeter7 for my li ion battery, and a battgo bg s8 for my lfp battery. It seems as if the bg8 draws from cell 2 and 8 and the cellmeter from 2 and 7, used the cellmeter 7 on 4s packs and then they draw fron cell 2 and 4, so it looks as if the draw from the second and last cell in the bank, the current draw is very very low on both of them if they are not in balance mode. the unequal draw on the cells will have no real effect on a 100ah+ battery bank that is frequently cycled like mine, so that is about the only advice i can give on this subject, my cellmeter 7 is permanently in balance mode, due to the "not so good construction" of the battery bank (7s120p) but the balance current of the cellmeter 7 is enough to keep the battery in a okay state, the cellmeter 7 have been permanently powered and in balance mode since 5 September 2019. The bg8 have been in operation since the middle of August 2020.

i prefer the battgo as it is easier to read and displays all 8 cells, lower balance current than the cellmeter (400ma vs 1000ma) though.

not a problem, the bg8s display times out after a couple of seconds(if i recall correctly the time is adjustable) on the cellmeter the display stay on(old 8 segment lcd screen) both is passive, the just burn off energy from the highest cells to match the voltage of the lowest. both of them does get hotter when balancing but not alot +- about 10 degrees above ambient temperature in my case.