Is it a good idea to buy used batteries?

Muchachos

The filter is accessible without opening the unit up. It can be removed with a wrench, but I'd bet that it has to be put back in very tightly. It also seems to me that by removing that filter some air must get into the pipe on the input side of the pump, and my plumbing chops certainly don't go as far as being able to bleed that air out again. So I am not going to go to Builder's, buy a torque wrench and do it myself in a year's time. I'd have a fool for a customer.

36 minutes ago, Vassen said:

use a wrench

Waterpomptang!

Growing up on the farm my father would say that that funny-looking pliers isn't really useful for anything, and I remember that there was one in the toolbox which we almost never used. We'd always go for the monkey wrenches. Of course everything was 3/4" steel pipe... or 1.5" black pipe.

Then I moved to the city, and I learned that plumbers use essentially just a water pump wrench and a maybe a shifting spanner. Occasionally a blow torch...

As a result, I now own both good water pump pliers and two monkey wrenches, and I almost never use the wrenches anymore 🙂

Edited by plonkster

3 hours ago, Vassen said:

bobbyjaan

Oh man do I have a story. Well two...

When I was about early high-school years, my dad sent me to go fetch the Bobbejaan (for those who don't know, this Afrikaans also means Baboon). My younger sister (probably around 6 at that time) who was inside the house heard this, and came out of the house, waiting anxiously for my return from the storage place, which was around 100 meters away. She was quite upset when I didn't return with the expected Baboon by my side, but instead with a monkey wrench.

The second was a case that almost turned into labour unrest. My dad and his employees were putting up a water tank. The tank was tied down with a rope, to prevent the wind from doing any bad things. One of the workers untied the rope at one point, and my dad shouted at him (as one does), don't untie that rope you stupid! Well, no, in Afrikaans we call a stupid person a Bobbejaan, so that is what he said, and as many saffers know... that can also be construed as a racial slur. The worker replied "Ek is nie Bojaan nie!", and then proceeded to sulk for the rest of the afternoon. Count your words as they say!

Edited by plonkster

On 2020/09/17 at 9:26 AM, Vassen said:

Then it seems this system is either not specked properly or not working as it should. 

Got a plumber to come check the geyser out. It turns out it is leaking glycol and the whole geyser needs to be replaced.

The good news is the insurance to replace the geyser as the panels are still working.

On 2020/09/17 at 12:01 PM, plonkster said:

I edited my original post because I got the math wrong. 5*70 = 350Ah. At 10kW or 200A, that is a little over C/2. Which should not be an issue for an LFP cell. So 2 (extra, in addition to the 3 existing ones) will do it, but 3 is better.

I will let the oven run on the batteries and see if it trigger the batter protect on the current 3 batteries, If it does I will run the oven from the grid until I get the additional batteries.

@plonksterI currently enable a Schedule Charge when the oven is switched on and then disable when the oven is off. Is there a different way of doing this on the inverter as my oven is currently connected as non-critical.