New here and want to go solar

Hi All

I am Nico and new to solar. I have been getting quotes the last few weeks to go solar. See below pointers:

• My roof can only accommodate 9 panels
  • My usage during the day is 9 units
  • My usage during the night is 6 units
  • Budget - R150 000 incl VAT

Inverters:

So much different brands quoted on. Victron, Kodac, Mecer, Goodwe

Batteries: 

Same as above...Pylontech, Revov, Freedom Won, Hubble

Is it worth it to pay +R70k for 3x Pylontech 3.5's (10.5kwh) compared to R52k for 1x Revov 1st life (11.2kwh)?

What is a good pairing to go with? 

On 2020/09/29 at 11:10 PM, Nico2584 said:

Is it worth it to pay +R70k for 3x Pylontech 3.5's (10.5kwh) compared to R52k for 1x Revov 1st life (11.2kwh)?

Hi Nico, I have a pylontech 3.5 and am very happy with it and will add as I grow my system. I would rather buy 3 x pylons than 1 x revov for the simple reason of putting all the eggs in one basket, if that Revov fails its lot of money if one Pylon go it’s bit less damage and as far as I know the Pylons have quite a good reputation.

On 2020/09/29 at 11:10 PM, Nico2584 said:

My roof can only accommodate 9 panels

Do you mean your north facing roof? 
Keep in mind that if you have east/west facing roof space, this can also be utilized for solar panels. You can start charging from when the sun comes up until when it goes down. A lower charge rating, but more charging time. 

Victron is great but expensive. Kodak, good value for money if you have a tight budget. Mecer/ Axpert I would not touch. Goodwee VS Sunsynk I'll recommend Sunsynk  everytime... Then you have Luxpower inverters, a bit more expensive than the Sunsynk but awesome product.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Revov batteries and although great batteries the Freedom Won's are a bit pricey. Sometimes the lesser known battery options offer better value for money and service even.