Replacing cloned axpert inverters

Leosol

Hi

I want to replace my existing cloned axpert inverters as they are blowing up every month im loosing one and have to repair them and the supplier just voided my warranties saying there is an installation fault. Had the electritian out and there was nothing wrong with install. Im currently running 3 4kw inverters in parallel off grid. I want at least 12kw. What make and model inverter will work and do I still go for multiple units in parallel or one unit?

I have 8 4.8kw 100Amp batteries with 28 330 panels.

Thank you for your input

Edited by Leosol

42 minutes ago, Leosol said:

Hi

I want to replace my existing cloned axpert inverters as they are blowing up every month im loosing one and have to repair them and the supplier just voided my warranties saying there is an installation fault. Had the electritian out and there was nothing wrong with install. Im currently running 3 4kw inverters in parallel off grid. I want at least 12kw. What make and model inverter will work and do I still go for multiple units in parallel or one unit?

I have 8 4.8kw 100Amp batteries with 28 330 panels.

Thank you for your input

I have an 8kw sunsynk inverter and can't fault it. Only been running for 2 months now. 

You can parallel another unit if you need more than 8kw.

It's a brilliant fully hybrid inverter with easy to understand user interface and android app or Web monitoring on PC. 

14 hours ago, Leosol said:

What make and model inverter will work and do I still go for multiple units in parallel or one unit?

Personally I like the Microcare range. They are heavy transformer based inverters, but very robust and can handle lots of abuse. They are built in Port Elizabeth, so if by chance it does give trouble, they can be repaired at the factory. They are pretty much all I sell now. For a 15Kw is about R60k, but well worth it. 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Personally I like the Microcare range. They are heavy transformer based inverters, but very robust and can handle lots of abuse. They are built in Port Elizabeth, so if by chance it does give trouble, they can be repaired at the factory. They are pretty much all I sell now. For a 15Kw is about R60k, but well worth it. 

Personally I don't like the Microcare range much had to many problems with them in the past. I would however highly recommend the Sunsynk inverter, they are great value for money. However @Gelo the Luxpower inverters although a bit more pricey are great, I have a few that's  been running for a year now without any problems.

Edited by Chloe

7 minutes ago, calypso said:

This would actually be a good example to see if buying a more expensive inverter would have actually worked out cheaper in the long run. 

There is no doubt that it will be much cheaper. I have spend 50000 on those inverters and if I have known they were clones I would have never baut them. Spend about 15000 on repair and reinstall costs. I really think that if the supplier were honest about their product i would have made a more informed decision. 

12 minutes ago, Leosol said:

There is no doubt that it will be much cheaper. I have spend 50000 on those inverters and if I have known they were clones I would have never baut them. Spend about 15000 on repair and reinstall costs. I really think that if the supplier were honest about their product i would have made a more informed decision. 

@Leosol Do you need the inverters in Single Phase or three phase configuration ?

I would recommend 3 x Sunsynk 5.5 KW Inverters if you need 3 Phase if you need Single Phase I would recommend 2 x 8.8KW Sunsynk inverters these units can run comfortably in off grid mode and have great built in features the 5Kw can produce 6.5KW solar power and the 8KW can produce 10.4 KW solar power per inverter they also have duel MPPTs with maximum DC Voltage of 500V 

Victron would be your other option however this will cost a small fortune because Victron is by no means cheap.

Mlt Drives also make great low frequency off Grid inverters that can take a lot of punishment 

I saw that Power Forum Store is running a very nice special on the Sunsynks they may be able to give you good prices on that inverter range 

However there is a lot of options and choices available.

What kind of loads are you running off the inverter system ? 

2 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

@Leosol Do you need the inverters in Single Phase or three phase configuration ?

I would recommend 3 x Sunsynk 5.5 KW Inverters if you need 3 Phase if you need Single Phase I would recommend 2 x 8.8KW Sunsynk inverters these units can run comfortably in off grid mode and have great built in features the 5Kw can produce 6.5KW solar power and the 8KW can produce 10.4 KW solar power per inverter they also have duel MPPTs with maximum DC Voltage of 500V 

Victron would be your other option however this will cost a small fortune because Victron is by no means cheap.

Mlt Drives also make great low frequency off Grid inverters that can take a lot of punishment 

I saw that Power Forum Store is running a very nice special on the Sunsynks they may be able to give you good prices on that inverter range 

However there is a lot of options and choices available.

What kind of loads are you running off the inverter system ? 

Thanks for the input. Im running 10kw on a busy day but i dont want to run the inverters on max so perfer running them max on 50%. Im looking at the Sunsynks unit now and doing some reading on them now.