Panel connection

StephenB

These panels output approximately 10A at 40V = 400W.

You have 3S2P so you should be getting about 120V/20A.

It seems that they are performing as expected.

To get more current, put them in 2S3P - that will give 80V/30A.  Same power, but good for other reasons.

Or, buy more panels....😀

41 minutes ago, Calvin said:

These panels output approximately 10A at 40V = 400W.

You have 3S2P so you should be getting about 120V/20A.

It seems that they are performing as expected.

To get more current, put them in 2S3P - that will give 80V/30A.  Same power, but good for other reasons.

Or, buy more panels....😀

I have them as 2 string 3 panels and getting 20 amp roughly. I am looking for more amps to charge 

3 hours ago, StephenB said:

I only get 20 amp output

This does seem a little low for 6 x 410w panels. I would say you should be at least 28a or maybe closer to 35a counting the losses usually expected. That is assuming your panels are facing north at roughly 30 to 40 degrees.... 

You sould probably buy some more panels. 

3 hours ago, StephenB said:

I have them as 2 string 3 panels and getting 20 amp roughly. I am looking for more amps to charge 

if you want more amps, you will have to connect them as 3 strings of 2 panels. Then you will get roughly 30 amps 

9 hours ago, StephenB said:

I have six 410w panels on a axpert inverter I only get 20 amp output.

Is that panel amps or battery amps?

9 hours ago, StephenB said:

axpert inverter max input 150v

Most real (non-clone) Axperts have an absolute never-exceed PV voltage of 145 V (or 450+ V for models with a totally different solar charge controller).

PV power starts reducing at 130 V, and when the SCC gets hot. Running the SCC at high PV voltages seems to heat it up a lot.

With 410 W panels, almost certainly you will be better off with a 2S configuration (e.g. 2S3P). This will allow you to have higher PV production, resulting in higher charging (battery) current.

This is going into my signature now 😐

Edit: or it would if I could figure out how to set one. This forum doesn't seem to support signatures. Sigh.

Edited by Coulomb

4 hours ago, Coulomb said:

This forum doesn't seem to support signatures. Sigh.

You mean like this?  Click on drop-down next to your user name at the top of any page.  Select "Account Settings" then "Signature".

Edited by Calvin

6 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Most real (non-clone) Axperts have an absolute never-exceed PV voltage of 145 V (or 450+ V for models with a totally different solar charge controller).

PV power starts reducing at 130 V, and when the SCC gets hot. Running the SCC at high PV voltages seems to heat it up a lot.

With 410 W panels, almost certainly you will be better off with a 2S configuration (e.g. 2S3P). This will allow you to have higher PV production, resulting in higher charging (battery) current.

This is going into my signature now 😐

Edit: or it would if I could figure out how to set one. This forum doesn't seem to support signatures. Sigh.

This is the amps on the LCD coming into the inverter noted will try the 2string option and see how it works out 

9 hours ago, Coulomb said:

What does SCC the abbreviation for?

20 hours ago, Solaris said:

Hey Coulomb, I think you need to be a little more specific in your signature.... Some 410w panels are available in “half cut cells” meaning that they could even be up to 144 cells.. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, I hope that it's fairly obvious that 144 half-cells = 72 cells. You can't put everything into a signature. I thought of a link to my FAQ page, and still might, assuming that links work there.