RCT Axpert Inverter never stops charging - fan constantly on

Hi all,

I have a RCT-AXVP1-1K-5K Inverter, a 12V unit with 2x batteries in parallel.  When the unit is not connected to the mains, it is quiet.  Once I connect it to a wall outlet, the fans ramps up, and the unit starts charging the battery. The problem is that the battery never stops charging. After a while, the batteries' Voltage, levels off at 13.5V, but the Inverter doesn't stop charging, and the fan keeps going.  I even changed my float Voltage setting to 13.5V, but this proved unsuccessful. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi @Richard Mackay,

The display (see attachment below) shows the following:

- the battery bars stops filling, which shows that the battery is full, I suspect. But,

- the battery is still connected to the charging circuit.

If I disconnect the mains, the LCD shows that the battery is not connected to the charging circuit any more (the line goes away)

IMG_1986-1.jpg

Edited by morneode
On 2020/10/16 at 3:52 AM, morneode said:

After a while, the batteries' Voltage, levels off at 13.5V, but the Inverter doesn't stop charging, and the fan keeps going.

13.5 V is likely the float voltage. If setting 05 is FLd or AGM, it will use 13.5 V as the float voltage setting and ignore setting 27 (float voltage setting, for IF/WHEN using battery type USE).

It's normal to continue charging the battery at the float voltage. When float charging, the CHG LED will typically turn solid green (not flashing). This is considered "charging complete", even though it's still putting an amp or so into the battery to keep it at 13.5 V.

As for why the fan continues running, I have no idea. 12 V firmware is rather different to the 48 V firmwares that I'm more familiar with.