Growatt 5kW & Pylontech communication

Francois M

Hi there

I have 2 x 5kW Growatt inverters in parallel and 10 x 410W CS panels with 1 x 2.4kW & 1 x 3.5kW Pylontech batteries with the 3.5kW as master. Ihave sorted out the BMS communication error between the batteries and the inverters but only have on able to the master inverter (on the forum someone indicated that two are required), everything works fine at this stage. There is one hiccup however as soon as I plug in the communication cable between the two batteries an error is given. Have anyone else encountered this and if someone can advise me on why there has to be a communication cable to each inverter and what difference that will make?

31 minutes ago, Francois M said:

Hi there

I have 2 x 5kW Growatt inverters in parallel and 10 x 410W CS panels with 1 x 2.4kW & 1 x 3.5kW Pylontech batteries with the 3.5kW as master. Ihave sorted out the BMS communication error between the batteries and the inverters but only have on able to the master inverter (on the forum someone indicated that two are required), everything works fine at this stage. There is one hiccup however as soon as I plug in the communication cable between the two batteries an error is given. Have anyone else encountered this and if someone can advise me on why there has to be a communication cable to each inverter and what difference that will make?

The communication cable between the two batteries should be connected between link port 1 on a Master battery and link port 0 on the slave. Also, ensure that your dip switches on the master battery are set as 1 0 0 0,  Number one should be ON and the rest OFF. only one communication cable is needed, from the battery to the inverter and it should be connected to the master battery. You will need a network spliter, to split this one cable into two sothat you can have one going to Master inverter and the second one going to the slave inverter. The spliter is about R100 from RS components 

1 hour ago, Francois M said:

Hi

Thanks, will there be any difference in operational function if only the master inverter is connected to the battery without the splitter and an additional cable to the slave inverter?

I haven't tried that, I just followed the installation instructions for parallel installation of the two inverters and Pylontech document. I have no errors nor alarms and all is working fine. Try one cable and give feedback, would be interesting to see whether it works. Another thing that I have noticed, one inverter doesn't stay as master all the time, they alternate. Not sure why or if its only my ones that are doing that 

• 3 weeks later...