CBI Astute Smart Controller

Desh

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020/11/16 at 5:14 PM, isetech said:

Builders warehouse get a 0/10 for customer services ... I go to the store walk with the person to the shelf point at the label on the shelf which has a bar code a price and a promo ad with pictures of the product on the advert with a full description of the product ... which is then removed taken to the PC ... the bar code inserted and I am still told they dont stock the item.

I then go onto their website hook up a live chat ... send pictures of the label ... share the pictures and label posted on this forum ... and I am told they dont stock the item.

I call their riverhorse trade depot and try the same thing ... sorry we dont stock this item.

I give up ... I cant waste anymore time ... its cheaper for me to buy the product at the wholesaler and get it delivered to my office :( 

It is sad that CBI went from being the number one selling product in SA at a reasonable price availbe at all wholesalers to becoming the most expensive DIY product.

If someone figues out where to get these units or what code to use ... please share.

Not sure where you stay, but there are 3 left (or at least yesterday) at builders in Stellenbosch. It was in the locked cabinet with all the other breakers and gate motor batteries.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020/10/24 at 3:25 AM, gbyleveldt said:

I paid around R450 each from LiteGlo. Only way I managed to get it working with Home Assistant was to get Tasmota loaded on it. It involved replacing the internal WiFi module with and ESP module (another R60). I broke down the process below; I even got power monitoring to work

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/cbi-astute-power-monitor-switch-tasmotized.1108106/#post-26290342

If you are in jhb, can you do this modification for me? and how much will you charge?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/01/16 at 10:51 AM, isetech said:

CBI have stepped up and supplied more than enough units to builders stores ... I collected a few from my local store and there is still at least 6 left on the shelf. 

Which store is your local Builders?

• 4 weeks later...

FYI If anyone in GP land is looking for the Astutes I saw about 6x units at Builders Warehouse Edenvale yesterday.

R349 each. 

I hear that they will be coming out with a plug-into-wall-socket version in the near future - I have asked for an ETA as will be easier to use for a single appliance eg a dishwasher.

1 hour ago, GreenMan said:

FYI If anyone in GP land is looking for the Astutes I saw about 6x units at Builders Warehouse Edenvale yesterday.

R349 each. 

I hear that they will be coming out with a plug-into-wall-socket version in the near future - I have asked for an ETA as will be easier to use for a single appliance eg a dishwasher.

Builders Centurion also had a few Astutes left. The website lies and says there is no stock, but when I bought there were 7 in the cabinet.

At the CBI webinar yesterday they indicated the CBI plug should be here in May if I recall correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let you guys know, I found 63A breakers on https://www.robofactory.co.za/home-automation/167-63a-1p-smart-circuit-breaker-with-monitoring-ewelink.html that connect into the eWelink software that controls the Sonoff products and as such works 100% with Home Assistant using the Sonoff plugin. 

They also measure energy consumption and I have them working on my geysers with no issues. 

There is also a 100A version with what looks like a better antennae, does measure energy consumption though.

https://www.robofactory.co.za/home-automation/161-1p-smart-circuit-breaker-switch-ewelink-100a-.html

• 1 month later...
On 2021/03/25 at 11:34 AM, Sc00bs said:

Just thought I would let you guys know, I found 63A breakers on https://www.robofactory.co.za/home-automation/167-63a-1p-smart-circuit-breaker-with-monitoring-ewelink.html that connect into the eWelink software that controls the Sonoff products and as such works 100% with Home Assistant using the Sonoff plugin. 

They also measure energy consumption and I have them working on my geysers with no issues. 

There is also a 100A version with what looks like a better antennae, does measure energy consumption though.

https://www.robofactory.co.za/home-automation/161-1p-smart-circuit-breaker-switch-ewelink-100a-.html

Half the size (big win), double the price (big oops). 

Edited by Speedster

On 2021/05/13 at 6:23 AM, Speedster said:

Would either of you mind sharing with me too?

Did you manage to get sorted? I've used the Local Tuya integration, which worked fine until a few weeks back - I have not had time to troubleshoot. The Tuya android app still works and manage the timers and consumption from there.

On 2021/05/13 at 8:53 AM, Tinuva said:

This is mine:

https://github.com/tinuva/home-assistant-config/blob/master/packages/tuya_local.yaml

Instead of the template sensors, you can let the tuya plugin create them for you, just use those other numbers for the id on them.

This looks good. Thanks @Tinuva

Did you still use the Local Tuya integration?

Edited by Desh
Spelling error

53 minutes ago, Desh said:

This looks good. Thanks @Tinuva

Did you still use the Local Tuya integration?

Yes that link is my current configuration for the geysers.

I am currently in an argument with a local supplier for solder iron bits. They say it won't work on a Weller soldering iron where as a link I am reading on the internet says it will work. This process of changing these things to tasmota will take a while, as I need to replace the logic boards.

On 2021/05/13 at 6:18 AM, Speedster said:

Half the size (big win), double the price (big oops). 

You can buy the ewelink DIN breakers on Banggood as at half the price (R379 & 2p @ R531 + shipping), they have a 2p version as well, delivery take 1-2weeks on the delivery option and includes taxes etc so no duties to pay. They delivery to your physical address with the courier. 

https://www.banggood.com/1P-63A-eWelink-Single-Phase-Din-Rail-WIFI-Smart-Switch-Energy-Meter-Leakage-Protection-Remote-Read-KWh-Meter-Wattmeter-Works-with-Alexa-Google-p-1840500.html

https://www.banggood.com/2P-63A-eWelink-Single-Phase-Din-Rail-WIFI-Smart-Switch-Energy-Meter-Leakage-Protection-Remote-Read-KWh-Meter-Wattmeter-Works-with-Alexa-Google-p-1840501.html

Haven't been able to reflash them as yet with Tasmota, tried with OTA but no success.

You can also set the trip amperage at whatever you want and can set it to cut off with low voltage as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my local Builders today to try buy 2 more of this CBI Astutes. Unfortunately no stock and no longer show on any of the builders systems including online shop. The chap there seemed to recall that the rep took them all back. Would love 2 if anybody could find stock and was willing to ship. 

Hi, I just bought an Astute DIN switch - initially the blue light was showing but now all I have is red. I’ve tried resetting following the instructions to the letter but I cannot get anything but a red light.

has anyone experienced this please?

Alex

1 hour ago, Stopop said:

Hi, I just bought an Astute DIN switch - initially the blue light was showing but now all I have is red. I’ve tried resetting following the instructions to the letter but I cannot get anything but a red light.

has anyone experienced this please?

Alex

Hi Alex

I've experienced that before. Usually requires reconnecting/pairing with WiFi.  Hold down the power button and try repairing with the app. I've experienced specifically when router required rebooting. Let me know if that works for you. 

On 2021/06/04 at 9:19 PM, EnTAnGleD said:

Went to my local Builders today to try buy 2 more of this CBI Astutes. Unfortunately no stock and no longer show on any of the builders systems including online shop. The chap there seemed to recall that the rep took them all back. Would love 2 if anybody could find stock and was willing to ship. 

Hi, haven't checked at builders on these recently. There's a company called LiteGlo out in Randburg that stocks them, https://www.liteglo.co.za/shop/cbi-astute-smart-controller/