Voltronic 5kva disconnect PV panels

MartinKoch

On previous discussion I set the required charging current to 80A, is working well except once the batteries are charged after a while the inverter disconnects the PV panels input and while the sun shining drawing current directly from the batteries 

Previously I lowered charging current, after a short while PV will kick in

I am going to leave the system for a few days to see if the problem sort itself out, problem is that I will start the evening with batteries that is not fully charged

Question is why is this happening and what am I supposed to do to rectify the problem? Inverter issue or what? 

As a point of interest, what is the main firmware version? It seems it might be patched firmware, since I see the PV frame icon is there, but the "cells" in the frame are missing. Our fully patched Axpert firmware (e.g. 73.00e) does this. That would indicate that the Schubart clones are using patched Axpert firmware. At least it would mean that the hardware is Axpert compatible.

If so, that makes the behaviour even more inexplicable. Axpert firmware isn't supposed to stop charging when PV is available (at least, not for more than a minute or two). It should have the CHG LED on, indicating float charging mode, until the sun goes down.

Edited by Coulomb
"means" → "would mean"

20 hours ago, Coulomb said:

As a point of interest, what is the main firmware version? It seems it might be patched firmware, since I see the PV frame icon is there, but the "cells" in the frame are missing. Our fully patched Axpert firmware (e.g. 73.00e) does this. That would indicate that the Schubart clones are using patched Axpert firmware. At least it would mean that the hardware is Axpert compatible.

If so, that makes the behaviour even more inexplicable. Axpert firmware isn't supposed to stop charging when PV is available (at least, not for more than a minute or two). It should have the CHG LED on, indicating float charging mode, until the sun goes down.

The chg light flickers when changing, stays on when fully charged then this happen, pv disengage and batteries provide power, that is why the light is off

18 minutes ago, MartinKoch said:

The chg light flickers when changing, stays on when fully charged then this happen, pv disengage and batteries provide power, that is why the light is off

Only common factor is that the pv only disengage after batteries are fully charged and very hot outside, mostly after 13:00, 30+degrees

On 2020/10/23 at 8:55 PM, MartinKoch said:

I do not know where to check for firmware? 

On the front of the inverter, keep pressing up or down buttons until you get to a screen that starts with "U1". [ Edit: Or "LF1" or "LC1", see below. ] Note the the other 7-segment positions. For example, I suspect you'll see "LC1   72   70C" [ edit: was "U1 72 70C" ] (meaning the main (U1) firmware version is 72.70c).

Edited by Coulomb

On 2020/10/24 at 1:18 PM, Coulomb said:

On the front of the inverter, keep pressing up or down buttons until you get to a screen that starts with "U1". Note the the other 7-segment positions. For example, I suspect you'll see "U1   72   70C" (meaning the main (U1) firmware version is 72.70c).

LC1 72 70C

18 hours ago, MartinKoch said:

LC1 72 70C

Oops! 😳  Of course it would start with LC1 or LF1, to indicate the Lead aCid (or Lithium with Cobalt) flavour, or the LFP (Lithium Ferrous Phosphate, LiFePO₄) flavour. Most of the clones that could not be updated came with LC1_72.70c.

Edited by Coulomb

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/10/27 at 6:01 AM, Coulomb said:

Oops! 😳  Of course it would start with LC1 or LF1, to indicate the Lead aCid (or Lithium with Cobalt) flavour, or the LFP (Lithium Ferrous Phosphate, LiFePO₄) flavour. Most of the clones that could not be updated came with LC1_72.70c.

I think I have sorted the problem, parameter 26 bulk charge default value 56.4v and parameter 27 floating charging default value 54v are both higher than battery parameters max 53.5v,see attached, I had set 26 to 53.3v and 27 to 53v Since the new settings were in place I had no pv disengage issues, floating charge once voltage goed below 52.9v and keep the battery charged at 100% will keep monitoring, being three days so far

20201108_130549.jpg