Sunsynk 8kw Inverter

Leshen

Thanks @ianm I tried finding some reference from Keith but clearly missed it. This would have helped.

@Brani yes confirmed, CT connections to be in installed on 5-6. I hear you kn the level of nervousness 😆

Last night after a final check and ensuring that my earth-bond relay was engaging I switched ON. All good and running nicely as an expensive UPS for now. Looking forward to the solar installation next...

Thanks to everyone for your assistance! 

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev3.jpg

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev.jpg

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev2.jpg

Edited by Trev

8 hours ago, TonyH said:

Are the AC and DC separated inside the trunking by a metal trunking inside

Thank you @TonyH, there is no mixing of AC & DC cables in the trunking. The battery cables run upwards and jump over in flex conduit. The AC cables run alone in the horizontal trunking. When I install my solar strings they will run in their own trunking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I’ve just picked up an issue this evening where my prepaid input meter does not connect to the main box on the street whilst the inverter is working. When I switch off the inverter and connect directly to the grid, the prepaid meter connects with no issues. This has never happened before as I have my inverter system for a couple of months now. Anyone else experienced a similar issue or know what the problem could be?

Thanks

5488DCEB-E2D3-4BCB-9F94-28F3760B753F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Imran R said:

Hi guys

I’ve just picked up an issue this evening where my prepaid input meter does not connect to the main box on the street whilst the inverter is working. When I switch off the inverter and connect directly to the grid, the prepaid meter connects with no issues. This has never happened before as I have my inverter system for a couple of months now. Anyone else experienced a similar issue or know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Hi Imraan. 

We did a few installs where the prepaid meter that plugs in to recharge doesnt work on the load side of the inverter. 

Once connected to the grid side, it works fine so we merely do a permanent install into the grid side of the inverter. 

I was afraid of the same happening to me, so what I did was where my inverter was installed in the garage I added another grid circuit. This was taken before the inverter. As all my circuits are on the essential loads except this one.

This will then be used to power heavy loads like my welding machine or something that will be to much for the inverter. And if I had a problem with the power meter I can just plug it in there.

@ luminous & @ yellowtapemeasure, thanks for the clarity. Will have a look at my DB tomorrow to see how I can connect the unit. Hopefully it will be easy. 

17 hours ago, leshen said:

Hi Imraan. 

We did a few installs where the prepaid meter that plugs in to recharge doesnt work on the load side of the inverter. 

Once connected to the grid side, it works fine so we merely do a permanent install into the grid side of the inverter. 

17 hours ago, leshen said:

Hi Imraan. 

Hi Leshen

Where are you based? Is there a way I can contact you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Extract from Global Tech

The warranty period of the products will depend on its type and the accreditation of the installer. 

Not sure how many of the end users installed it themselves. 

44 minutes ago, Vassen said:

This accreditation only came along recently. I was told that I could install it and as long as an electrician signs it off, it will be fine. 

Their accreditation system is anyway flawed to a certain extent as it only looks at the number of installs one has done. I’ve already done 2, need 3 more installs to get accredited unless the requirements have changed. 😂 

Will get more info from Global Tech on their warranty requirements. 

@Vassen, you did mine and I did yours😂

i got mine from Ellies, they have a 4 page form that has to be filled out, lot of questions regarding the installation and also, if signed off by an electrician than it is covered by warranty.

I seem to know a lot more than my CERTIFIED electrician friend🙄, and I am only a DIY guy

Edited by Tariq

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/04/25 at 10:21 PM, Imran R said:

Hi guys

Thanks

That will cause you issues, like for me - power produced by solar or batteries was being subtracted from my units. 

To solve this, i left the garage plugs on the grip( only plus in the whole house) and plugged the meter there. 

Hi there

It’s not possible that the energy generated would be subtracted from your units as you mentioned unless you were feeding back into the grid, but then again your meter will be running in the opposite direction. Maybe you might have some other equipment that is drawing power. Just to indicate that I’ve managed to sort out the issue though Leshen’s assistance  who is on this forum as well. I must say that Leshen and his team went out of their way to ensure that not only the original problem was resolved but also suggested a minor improvement on my system which was done as well. My prepaid unit was installed on the Eskom side before the inverter to ensure communication with the main electrical box on the outside of the house as opposed to previously having the unit plugged into one of the plugs in the house which is fed from the inverter which therefore caused communication errors. It’s been just over two weeks now and no issues so far. Perhaps one of the guys on here can assist you further with your issue. 

• 1 month later...
On 2021/04/25 at 10:21 PM, Imran R said:

Hi guys

Thanks

I had the same issue... Turns out, and this is what the Tshwane Electrician told me, was that the electricity from the inverter, and the electricity from Eskom will have a phase difference, and that causes the meter give the errors. 

I installed a "on grid" plug in the garage which sorted out the issue... Its also handy if you have large tools that you like to run, which then doesn't have to start up on you inverter/panels/battery

13 hours ago, Schallas said:

I had the same issue... Turns out, and this is what the Tshwane Electrician told me, was that the electricity from the inverter, and the electricity from Eskom will have a phase difference, and that causes the meter give the errors. 

I installed a "on grid" plug in the garage which sorted out the issue... Its also handy if you have large tools that you like to run, which then doesn't have to start up on you inverter/panels/battery

If there really was a phase difference, with a hybrid / on-grid inverter, then there would be a big ⚡ BOOM!.

The issue is around the PLC that these CIUs use to communicate with the meter in the street. In my own experience it is usually very iffy, even without an inverter in the way (which messes it up completely). Installing a dedicated plug socket for it on the grid side, like you have done, is the only long-term solution.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Just picked up an issue regarding my BSL 6.4kw battery which is connected to the 8kw Sunsynk inverter. For the second time within a month, the battery completely depleted to 0%. It then recharged and continued to work normally. My setting for the battery to shut down is 20%. Have any of you experienced such an issue before or know what the issue could be?  Thanks

22 hours ago, Imran R said:

Hi guys. Just picked up an issue regarding my BSL 6.4kw battery which is connected to the 8kw Sunsynk inverter. For the second time within a month, the battery completely depleted to 0%. It then recharged and continued to work normally. My setting for the battery to shut down is 20%. Have any of you experienced such an issue before or know what the issue could be?  Thanks

Either bad comms between BMS and inverter (cable?), or the BMS may need a firmware upgrade (assuming that your Sunsynk's firmware is also up to date).

Hi everyone. Need some help setting my 2 day old 8kw Synsynk inverter. I need to know what I must set the charge/discharge rate for my batts at. I have 2 x 3.5kw Pylontech batts with specs: 48v, 74Amp and a 0.5C rate. That means the continues current is 37A per batt. The installer set my rate to 37A and Im pretty sure it should be 74A (37A cont current x 2batts). With that, I also think Batt capacity should therefor be 148Ah and not 74Ah. Any thoughts?

20210816_093718.jpg

20210816_210305.jpg

40 minutes ago, EugeneN said:

Hi everyone. Need some help setting my 2 day old 8kw Synsynk inverter. I need to know what I must set the charge/discharge rate for my batts at. I have 2 x 3.5kw Pylontech batts with specs: 48v, 74Amp and a 0.5C rate. That means the continues current is 37A per batt. The installer set my rate to 37A and Im pretty sure it should be 74A (37A cont current x 2batts). With that, I also think Batt capacity should therefor be 148Ah and not 74Ah. Any thoughts?

20210816_093718.jpg

20210816_210305.jpg

Hi. 

You are correct. Battery capacity is 148AH and charge and discharge amps should be 74A