Jump to content

Sunsynk 8kw Inverter


Leshen
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2021/01/19 at 9:21 PM, HawkI said:

Hey guys, where are you sourcing your sun synch inverters and batteries? and any good installers recommended for JHB on these brands?

 

I sourced mine from The Powerforum Store (PFS). They can also make recommendations on installers, I had mine done by Werner Heydenrych from Elec Delite (083 417 8157) ([email protected]) on their recommendation, and I am still very happy with the install.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gents, I’m trying to reset to factory specs with pw 9999 but is not doing what I want. 
Currently I’m using the inverter as a ups. When I set it up the first time I’ve put in the time, soc etc in but now I need to clear it. I want to set it up according to the newest booklets sent out by Keith.
The reset does not do it. I clears the alarms only and leave all the setup stuff in  

When a heavy load starts up (borehole pump) the inverter uses the batteries and it trips. 
Any advice will be appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Johandup said:

Gents, I’m trying to reset to factory specs with pw 9999 but is not doing what I want. 
Currently I’m using the inverter as a ups. When I set it up the first time I’ve put in the time, soc etc in but now I need to clear it. I want to set it up according to the newest booklets sent out by Keith.
The reset does not do it. I clears the alarms only and leave all the setup stuff in  

When a heavy load starts up (borehole pump) the inverter uses the batteries and it trips. 
Any advice will be appreciated. 

Hi Johan. 
 

What batteries are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johandup said:

Four Pylontech us2400

The inverter is tripping because the Pylontechs cannot supply the load when solely on battery power. This is because the BMS limits ur battery bank to a total of 4.8kw 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Leshen said:

The inverter is tripping because the Pylontechs cannot supply the load when solely on battery power. This is because the BMS limits ur battery bank to a total of 4.8kw 

I know, the alarm showed it. 
But I need to wipe all the info I’ve put into the System Mode. I’m not getting it done on the touch screen. 
Think I’ll mail support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Johandup said:

I know, the alarm showed it. 
But I need to wipe all the info I’ve put into the System Mode. I’m not getting it done on the touch screen. 
Think I’ll mail support. 

Not sure why you want to wipe out the info. You can just change it to operate differently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gents,

I am busy connecting the pv side up. 
But I’m gobsmacked on figuring out how the pv connectors inside the 8kW inverter works. 
I’m afraid I’ll break it when I force it open to clamp a 6mm cable. 
Please assist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johandup said:

Gents,

I am busy connecting the pv side up. 
But I’m gobsmacked on figuring out how the pv connectors inside the 8kW inverter works. 
I’m afraid I’ll break it when I force it open to clamp a 6mm cable. 
Please assist. 

These clips just lift up. I can't recall how much force i needed when I did mine. 

Screenshot_20210131-152827_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/02/03 at 9:25 AM, shanghailoz said:

@Leshen

 

Wanted to check with you - the panels you have exceed the MPPT 18A limit - does the inverter clip ok?

Are these the panels you have?  JAM72S09 -390/PR

Thinking to do the same - 8 x 3 strings for 24 panels total (on the Sunsynk 8KW)

Hi there.

I have seen 19amps at times on the 1 MPPT. But that only happens on cloudy days when the panels are cool and then the sun peaks through for a moment taking the wattage from the array to 9650w from 9360w of panels.

The panels are the JA Solar JAM72S09 -390/PR. I like 8 in series to keep the voltage high. My panels are approx 35m from the inverter and I have 4mm2 cable and its perfectly fine. No need to always overspec as cost vs benefit doesn't always make financial sense.

IMG_52103EFCAA85-1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/02/10 at 11:20 AM, Leshen said:

Hi there.

I have seen 19amps at times on the 1 MPPT. But that only happens on cloudy days when the panels are cool and then the sun peaks through for a moment taking the wattage from the array to 9650w from 9360w of panels.

The panels are the JA Solar JAM72S09 -390/PR. I like 8 in series to keep the voltage high. My panels are approx 35m from the inverter and I have 4mm2 cable and its perfectly fine. No need to always overspec as cost vs benefit doesn't always make financial sense.

IMG_52103EFCAA85-1.jpeg

Thanks.

 

I've already run 4 pairs of 6mm cable to the roof area in prep, (roof finally arrives tomorrow, after 3 months of waiting...)

Finances a bit tight to do the panels at the moment, but has to be done, so will make a plan..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SunSynk 8kW AC Wiring

Morning all,

This morning I was going to post a question pertaining to the AC wiring of the 8kW Sunsynk but decided to rather contact one of the Master Installers listed on the SunSynk website to clear up my concern. It does not sound serious, but after having chatted to Shane (Solar Electric Wise), he confirmed the confusion is real... 

Attached is a photo of my AC wiring for GRID & LOAD on the terminal blocks. Take note of the markings on the PCB as N, L1 , L2 (suggesting two phases?) whereas underneath the terminal block it is marked as N, L. Now this would not have been an issue if the Neutral markings corresponded, but they don't... The N underneath the terminal block lines up with the L1 on the PCB??? 

While this may sound trivial, for me I was not comfortable to power on until I had clarity. Shane (who i don't know i just found his contact details on SunSynk's website) confirmed that you need to wire according to the N & L markings beneath the terminal blocks. Shane thinks that the inverter is also intended for other countries where there are two phases supplying a house which doesn't happen in South Africa as we have single- or three- phase only... SunSynk have not done a great job in masking the labels  on the PCB which should really be addressed! 

Has anyone else also been in this uncertain situation?

Thanks

Trevor

SunSynk 8kW AC Wiring.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Trev said:

lines up with the L1 on the PCB??? 

Meant to say that 'N underneath the terminal block lines up with L2 on the PCB...'

Note: I now know that the markings on the PCB's are supposed to be blocked out, but this is exactly the point of my comment that has not been done sufficiently. Looking at my photo one can see that they  have tried to blank it out, but its not so evident when you are actually looking at it... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Trev said:

SunSynk 8kW AC Wiring

Morning all,

This morning I was going to post a question pertaining to the AC wiring of the 8kW Sunsynk but decided to rather contact one of the Master Installers listed on the SunSynk website to clear up my concern. It does not sound serious, but after having chatted to Shane (Solar Electric Wise), he confirmed the confusion is real... 

Attached is a photo of my AC wiring for GRID & LOAD on the terminal blocks. Take note of the markings on the PCB as N, L1 , L2 (suggesting two phases?) whereas underneath the terminal block it is marked as N, L. Now this would not have been an issue if the Neutral markings corresponded, but they don't... The N underneath the terminal block lines up with the L1 on the PCB??? 

While this may sound trivial, for me I was not comfortable to power on until I had clarity. Shane (who i don't know i just found his contact details on SunSynk's website) confirmed that you need to wire according to the N & L markings beneath the terminal blocks. Shane thinks that the inverter is also intended for other countries where there are two phases supplying a house which doesn't happen in South Africa as we have single- or three- phase only... SunSynk have not done a great job in masking the labels  on the PCB which should really be addressed! 

Has anyone else also been in this uncertain situation?

Thanks

Trevor

SunSynk 8kW AC Wiring.jpg

The confusion is real. The wires are connected (you can see thick red wires) according to the green terminal, but PCB shows different, even Grid-N stud corresponds to the board and not the terminal.

Also, if I remember correctly, confusion about CT connection, is it terminal 5-6 or 6-7 or something like that.

Poor job but it can be overlooked. I was never so nervous putting electrical item on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @ianm I tried finding some reference from Keith but clearly missed it. This would have helped.

@Brani yes confirmed, CT connections to be in installed on 5-6. I hear you kn the level of nervousness 😆

Last night after a final check and ensuring that my earth-bond relay was engaging I switched ON. All good and running nicely as an expensive UPS for now. Looking forward to the solar installation next...

Thanks to everyone for your assistance! 

 

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev3.jpg

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev.jpg

SunSynk + Hubbles - Trev2.jpg

Edited by Trev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TonyH said:

Are the AC and DC separated inside the trunking by a metal trunking inside

Thank you @TonyH, there is no mixing of AC & DC cables in the trunking. The battery cables run upwards and jump over in flex conduit. The AC cables run alone in the horizontal trunking. When I install my solar strings they will run in their own trunking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...