How do I determine quantity of solar panels

Kobus680718

How many 330w solar panels can I connect to my system. My system contains of; 2 x 5Kva Expert Inverters, 10 x 3.5Kva Pylon-tech batteries, currently I have 18 x 330w panels. My problem is I do not get enough charge to fill my batteries. I started off with 6 x batteries and added 4 extra batteries due to running out of power, I am completely of grid. Any help would be appreciated. 

What settings do I need to change on my inverters 

46 minutes ago, Kobus680718 said:

3.5Kva Pylon-tech batteries,

Each 3.5 pylontech recommended charge current 37A x 10 = 370A/2 inverters = 185 per/inverter (depending on which Axpert you have to will set charge cuurent accordingly)

48 minutes ago, Quwatush Shams (Suly) said:

Each 3.5 pylontech recommended charge current 37A x 10 = 370A/2 inverters = 185 per/inverter (depending on which Axpert you have to will set charge cuurent accordingly)

I guess you missed his question, the OP ask how many panels can he connect to the 2x 5kVa Axpert units. 

Also typically the Axperts are limited to 80a each solar charge to batteries

that's a lot of storage... will probably need to add more inverters too?

edit: currently i also use 12x330wpanels and 2x axperts. i think the max i can have is 12 panels on an inverter? currently only using the one inverter for solar input. but then i only have 14.8kWh batteries.

Edited by MockTurtle

45 minutes ago, Bloubul7 said:

Also typically the Axperts are limited to 80a each solar charge to batteries

The Axpert king goes upto 140A on PV charging current

42 minutes ago, MockTurtle said:

will probably need to add more inverters too?

Correct

Edited by Quwatush Shams (Suly)

Depending on what inverters you have, low voltage up to 115v or high voltage up to 400v.

On the low voltage one run the panels in 2s8p in other words 16 panels per inverter =5280W at 80% efficiency(cable and shading losses) it will be 4224W x2 = 8448w

Depending on what panels you run 40v x 2 =80v.  8448w/80v 105A/2 = 52 A per inverter.

8448*5hours=42240w 

These are rough estimates. I have 12 panels connected to my 3kw system and generate average 10kwh per day my battery is a 6kw lithium and it is fully charged around 12.