AE on grid pv inverter 24000watts

sohail anwar

hello every one.i hope i get some help through this forum.i have a Advanced Energy grid tia inverter model number 3tl 24k 24000watts it is a pv inverter i am having problem understanding its on-board settings.after installation when i turned it on it shows error sign.on display it says grid under voltage and grid frequency error.will some one tell me how to fix this issues

IMG-20160605-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160605-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160605-WA0004.jpg

Some confusion here. Usually 3-phase means 380-400V between phases, and 230VAC between each phase and ground. If you only have 200V per phase, it's very likely that some inverters won't tie with that. You'll need to change the settings. I'm not sure if anyone else here has heard of that inverter, but it was made in the USA where standards are different, so I doubt any of us here has seen one of those.

you are saying that i must have 230v on each phase and ground??and which settings are you talking about?

ac voltage setting pv settings or inverter internal settings?

yes this inverter is usa brand and i am looking for its manual or a program CD or a way to set it up according to my regional settings

The specification label says 423 V minimum (I assume that's phase to phase). So that's 423/sqrt(3) = 244 V phase to neutral. That might actually work most of the time where I live, but it would not be reliable. It will also need to see all three phases, so it can see the 423 V or more phase to phase.

Edit: so unfortunately, this won't work in your country.

428 V is only 1% higher than the bare minimum. You might find that say phase A to phase C is only 422 V, under the limit. This will vary from minute to minute as loads come on and off, many nowhere near the inverter. Usually, specifications on the label are absolute limits; you likely won't be able to go past these limits by changing software or configuration. I think you've been sold the wrong inverter.

For example, 24 000 W is about 4 times the largest inverter for a house, and possibly 8x to 12x the average inverter. Is this for a community, or a large farm? The panels needed to feed this beast would not fit on a single house's roof.

let met correct myself hare.it is 428v phase to phase.

Grid tie inverters can't work without being connected got the grid, you need the grid for the Inverter to switch on, you cannot run a grid tie inverter with only the PV panels connected .

In this case the inverter needs to see 428 V on all three phases.

As to your question if this can be bypassed with I simple software setting - I don't know as these inverters are not common in RSA but in all probability not.

3 minutes ago, Jaws said:

Grid tie inverters can't work without being connected got the grid

I'd say the original poster must have connected to the grid, to see even an error message. I'd say it is able to power its microcontroller from the grid he has, but the microcontroller must have decided that the grid voltage is too low to invert into. It would only need a few watts to drive the microcontroller, display, and associated electronics.

I'd say the original poster must have connected to the grid, to see even an error message. I'd say it is able to power its microcontroller from the grid he has, but the microcontroller must have decided that the grid voltage is too low to invert into. It would only need a few watts to drive the microcontroller, display, and associated electronics.

Should have said grid tie inverters will not turn on if not connected to a grid supply that is within the specified values, and with turn on I mean take the solar Input and inverted it into AC power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, andriesmalan said:

Hi There

Speak to casper at http://www.cassol.co.za/

He will be able to assist you.

I doubt if the OP is in South Africa. 

To the OP, I suggest you contact the manufacturer or supplier of this inverter and ask them the recommended settings for your setup, and avoid potential damage to your inverter or load.