UV Light Water Filtering

I wanted to find out if the boffins have managed to come up with a switch for their UV light. 

Busy with a home rain water collection project and bought myself a big blue 3 stage filter with UV light, however I don't want to connect the UV light to the pump as I am splitting the pump outlet between irrigation and home use (no use filtering water if its just going to the plants).

I have been looking on the net for water flow switches, but they either come from China and use a working voltage of 5V - 18V, or the local ones that do make use of high voltage have low working flow rates 5l/min.

Does anyone perhaps know of a switch that they have used before ? 

Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and connect it to the pump, and extra hour each does won't kill the light, I just don't want the light to be running 24/7. 

Thanks in advance !

1 hour ago, Blowdart18 said:

I wanted to find out if the boffins have managed to come up with a switch for their UV light. 

Busy with a home rain water collection project and bought myself a big blue 3 stage filter with UV light, however I don't want to connect the UV light to the pump as I am splitting the pump outlet between irrigation and home use (no use filtering water if its just going to the plants).

I have been looking on the net for water flow switches, but they either come from China and use a working voltage of 5V - 18V, or the local ones that do make use of high voltage have low working flow rates 5l/min.

Does anyone perhaps know of a switch that they have used before ? 

Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and connect it to the pump, and extra hour each does won't kill the light, I just don't want the light to be running 24/7. 

Thanks in advance !

I’ve also been searching for something similar after I got my big blue but could not find any sold separately  

I did see one UV light that came with the flow switch but it was double the price that I paid for mine. Was cheaper to just have the light on all the time. 

I have mine connected to mains water and is on permanently. in your case, it wouldn’t really hurt to turn the light on with the pump if you are only using it for rain water. That would be the simplest way  to do it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked my in-tank UV light that's permanently on and it's fused. Not sure when it went dead but it's been running 24/7 since it was installed in January 2020.

Replacement UV light is R850 and might just hook it up to my pump that fills the tank so it will only go on for an hour every time the tank is topped up via the float switch.

I have this UV light in my water tank.

image.thumb.png.07bbb23dde1443970816a3800af90919.png