Lithium max amperage

alkit

Hi, 

I've been reading the forums and see that lithium batteries (as gooa as they are), cannot reach as high amperage output as lead avid batteries. Is this correct? 

For example, I see by the Pylon 3000C, it mentions:

* please note this value is inverter/charger dependant, typically the maximum sustained value is 1.8kW per battery

So does that mean you cannot go higher than a max of 1.8kw per battery installed?

1 hour ago, alkit said:

Hi, 

I've been reading the forums and see that lithium batteries (as gooa as they are), cannot reach as high amperage output as lead avid batteries. Is this correct? 

For example, I see by the Pylon 3000C, it mentions:

* please note this value is inverter/charger dependant, typically the maximum sustained value is 1.8kW per battery

So does that mean you cannot go higher than a max of 1.8kw per battery installed?

You can go higher than the 1.8Kw stated but at the risk of shortening the life of your batteries. Always follow what the manufacture recommends. With my smaller Pylons 2000B, I have gone up to 2kw and you will see the red LED start flashing on the batteries and that is not good but I have done it anyway. 

17 minutes ago, alkit said:

Aha, so to be able to utilize the full maximum wattage of a 5kw inverter, I would need 3x pylon batteries? (1.8kw x 3 = 5.4kw)

Else with 1 battery, I'm limited to a maximum load of 1.8kw, correct?

Not correct, it is recommended that you discharge at 1.8kw but you can go as high as 3.6kw max, with one battery. So you only need two Pylons3000 , please see attached data sheet 

pylontech_datasheet.pdf