Charge controller setup help needed - Epever Tracer 10415AN

Rolf Bartels

Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone here can help me with the correct voltage settings for my charge controller.

I have an 2 x 7s80p 18650 DIY powerwall, I would like the voltages to be configured as follows 

Fully charge 28.35v ( 4.05v per cell)

Fully discharge 23.8v ( 3.4v per cell)

The Tracer 10415AN has the configurable settings, and what I have them currently set at.

Charging Limit Volt              28.35

Boost Charging Volt             28.07

Float Charging Volt              27.39

Boost Reconnect                  27.17

So the above numbers was using Epever's Li-Ion settings and just converting them to 24v and reducing based on the fact I want 4.05v per cell, my problem is that niether the boost or the float we high enough to achieve 28.35v ? should I not be setting the those 2 to 28.35v and then the boost reconnect to 28.2v, that way when I start to add load the boost will kick in and provide the majority of the load from the solar rather than cycling the batteries ?

6 hours ago, Rolf Bartels said:

So the above numbers was using Epever's Li-Ion settings and just converting them to 24v and reducing based on the fact I want 4.05v per cell, my problem is that niether the boost or the float we high enough to achieve 28.35v ? should I not be setting the those 2 to 28.35v and then the boost reconnect to 28.2v, that way when I start to add load the boost will kick in and provide the majority of the load from the solar rather than cycling the batteries ?

I haven't heard of boost being used for Li-Ion batteries so I reckon you should be able to achieve the voltages without it. (Boost is used for equalising lead acid batts) 

You have 7 cells in series in your battery bank, right? Forget about the load for now. Just get the charge controller to charge the batteries.

Go back to the supplier/manufacturer of the charge controller..