Synapse branded Pylontech`s?

Proxicon

3 minutes ago, Proxicon said:

Hello,

Are these the exact same batteries as the Pylontechs, any gotcha`s anyone is aware of with the rebranded?

First time I've seen these, curious if anyone have had any experience with this.

image.png.87ccc2b0f163b83041fc06aa59c7f382.png

Nice! would be interesting to know the price difference 🙂

16 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

who sells them and how much is the US2000? want to buy one and see if it will work with my battery bank 

That is a dealer price, I've asked for their US2000 price if you are interested & will revert back. Don't mind reselling as is for science 🙂 

Rubicon Partner Portal (rubiconsa.com)

1 hour ago, PaulinNorthcliff said:

If that's your 'wholesale' then their pricing is not good at all.

The US3000 Pylons are retailing at R18500 at the moment... including VAT.

yep I am aware, my small system I must admit was ordered from online retailers & shipped from JHB to CPT for pretty much the same price as this suppliers wholesale. So not a great deal then really if e-tailors can beat/match their price + shipping across the country.

2 minutes ago, Proxicon said:

yep I am aware, my small system I must admit was ordered from online retailers & shipped from JHB to CPT for pretty much the same price as this suppliers wholesale. So not a great deal then really if e-tailors can beat/match their price + shipping across the country.

So what's their game, then? Surely you use an established brand to market itself, you don't go muddying the waters to push a 'housebrand' unless its way cheaper.

I'm assuming Rubicon is big and well-established???

Just now, PaulinNorthcliff said:

So what's their game, then? Surely you use an established brand to market itself, you don't go muddying the waters to push a 'housebrand' unless its way cheaper.

I'm assuming Rubicon is big and well-established???

Yes I understand and agree with your argument, the brand does indeed sell itself and house branding with a minimal price difference compared to other retail outlets sounds like pushing margins too hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021/03/31 at 8:57 AM, Smirresa said:

Did anyone try these batteries? Are they the Pylontechs just branded as Synapse or are they knock-offs?

Looking for 2 x 3000C's

I have not tried them but the supplier confirmed that they are just rebranded pylons and works fine with regular pylons (just the name on the box that are replaced, battery sacks and hardware comes from pylontech) 

Dealership prices are 13999 ex vat at the minute for the 3000c, No shipping. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2021/03/31 at 8:57 AM, Smirresa said:

Did anyone try these batteries? Are they the Pylontechs just branded as Synapse or are they knock-offs?

Looking for 2 x 3000C's

I have 2 of these batteries, and they are just rebranded Pylontechs - no issues.

I have added a standard pylontech to the battery bank and everything plays nicely.