Net Zero Export with Victron Quattro

Muchachos

Hi,

I have a Victron system and my house is still using the spinning meter which can go back and forth.

I do not want to export to the grid but I would like to keep my net usage as close to zero as possible.

Do I need to install a Grid Meter to enable the Victron Quattro to only export to the grid what I have used and no more?

Yes, Grid meter ET112 is also used for exactly what you want to do "I would like to keep my net usage as close to zero as possible"

It tries to keep your usage from the grid as close to zero as possible without exporting

Also allows for exporting if wanted

Edited by Quwatush Shams (Suly)

I stand to be corrected but if all your loads are wired 'through' the Quattro (Use both ACOut1 and ACOut2) and no other consumers bypassing the Quattro then you don't need a Grid Meter, the Quattro uses it's internal meter.

That said, your PV should then also be on the AC Output side of the Quattro and NOT on the Input side. For any other configuration you need that ET112 before all other consumers/producers on your system.

7 hours ago, Muchachos said:

Hi,

I have a Victron system and my house is still using the spinning meter which can go back and forth.

I do not want to export to the grid but I would like to keep my net usage as close to zero as possible.

Do I need to install a Grid Meter to enable the Victron Quattro to only export to the grid what I have used and no more?

You don't have to install. The problem is if you are not registered then you will not get "paid"  The reality is that the meter will turn backwards when exporting.  There are some that believes forward motion is calibrated and reverse not. Therefore if you do it then you "MIGHT" loose some kw which I doubt.
Thus "legally" to get compensated ... yes.  Technically no the meter will turn backwards.

This comment is on the "meter" .

Edited by Erastus

17 hours ago, Ingo said:

I stand to be corrected but if all your loads are wired 'through' the Quattro (Use both ACOut1 and ACOut2) and no other consumers bypassing the Quattro then you don't need a Grid Meter, the Quattro uses it's internal meter.

All my usage is going through the Quattro. 

17 hours ago, Ingo said:

That said, your PV should then also be on the AC Output side of the Quattro and NOT on the Input side. For any other configuration you need that ET112 before all other consumers/producers on your system.

The PV is on the AC in. 

I guess this mean I must get a meter.

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Muchachos said:

I guess this mean I must get a meter.

Yes, just confirm 100% with a reputable installer. The purpose of the meter is then to calculate the Producer (PV) - the Consumers (Quattro Loads and Battery Charging) and try to 'near' Zero the feedback to the Grid by regulating the power of the PV. All via a GX device and ESS or PV assistant. PV and Meter connected to the GX. See the Victron ESS manual for details.