Axpert MKS II - PV output much higher than rated

Smirresa

I have 2 x 5kVA Axpert MKS II inverters in parallel with 24 x 380W panels (9120W total), 8 x Pylontech 3,5kWh batteries and a Raspberri PI with ICC installed, controlling the system.

Last couple of days have been cloudy with intermittent periods of full sun and I am now periodically logging very high (20,000 - 30,000 W) outputs from my solar panels on the PI. Happens in the morning around 9 ish when the sun is breaking through the clouds.

Looks to me like a measuring error somewhere as the reported values are 2 - 3 times the installed PV capacity.

Anybody seen this before?

Solar output.jpg

19 hours ago, Smirresa said:

I am now periodically logging very high (20,000 - 30,000 W) outputs from my solar panels on the PI.

My guess is that command responses are getting corrupted. It's tricky guessing how much time to allow between commands; too much and you miss out on fine changes in data, too little and you get occasional corruption.

I have no idea whether you can control that time with ICC.

Another possibility is that your comms card has marginal opto-isolators on it. You could try replacing with better-spec'd parts, or replacing the comms card. Since you have two Axperts, you could try swapping comms cards, or simply plugging ICC into the other inverter should work.