Starting with Solar

Etiennet

Question

Good day Guys,

I just want to ask a question regarding Solar.

I currently have a Axpert King Inverter and a PolynTech US2000 Battery.  I use this currently as a back for when Loadshedding happens.  All is working fine and no issues.

My Question is because of funds, would it be possible to start with 2 x 415w panels and gradually add more?  This could be to charge the battery incase of loadshedding or even run a few items on solar in the day.

More panels will be added when the funds become available.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Etiennet said:

I currently have a Axpert King Inverter and a PolynTech US2000 Battery.  I use this currently as a back for when Loadshedding happens.  All is working fine and no issues.

My Question is because of funds, would it be possible to start with 2 x 415w panels and gradually add more? 

It depends on the Voc of the 415 W panels. These generally have more than 72 cells, so you'd have to check.

As long as the Voc at your coldest likely temperature is well under 145/2 = 72.5 V, that should be fine. Yes, you can then just add pairs of panels as funds permit.

But since you only have one  US2000 battery, it may be better to get another battery first. Especially if your inverter is a 5 kW model (you didn't say).

On 2020/12/12 at 2:59 PM, Coulomb said:

It depends on the Voc of the 415 W panels. These generally have more than 72 cells, so you'd have to check.

As long as the Voc at your coldest likely temperature is well under 145/2 = 72.5 V, that should be fine. Yes, you can then just add pairs of panels as funds permit.

But since you only have one  US2000 battery, it may be better to get another battery first. Especially if your inverter is a 5 kW model (you didn't say).

Thanks so much for your feedback.  I will start getting funds for both 2 x panels and another battery perhaps a pylon 3000C