ICC software ends inadvertently

PeterGutti

Question

I'm running two Axpert 5kva in parallel mode. and use ICC to monitor the inverters and collect data.  

Every now and then (average 5days) the software stops working. I often realise it hours or even days later when the EMON statistics do not get updated anymore.

I'm asking here if other users of ICC experience the same behaviour? 

As ICC does not give a clou what happened, even the log file gets cleared when started again, so that the latest entries are gone..

It's a fantastic piece of software, except when its not running..

ICC version is 3.1

I have an ICC with Pylon cable from Centurionsolar. The longest I've seen this unit to be up is about 8 hours as a script was added to reboot when it becomes unresponsive. The PI is fine and I can navigate through options and menus, its the ICC which hangs.

ICC also does not post any data to EMON CMS so I don't have any long terms data. With the unit rebooting all the time I can only see as far back as the last reboot.

This software has been like this from the start (November 2019) but as I run infini's and pylons so its necessary. 

I was also told that an update was coming soon, that was months ago and now when I ask I don't even get a reply. Some open and honest communication would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, ChristoSnake said:

Aah, nice to seen another Infini owner here!  Which ones do you have?

I've had an infini 3KW Plus for 5 years and it performed flawlessly until the communication board stopped working. I took the board out and the sticky dust that had settled on it had corroded the tracks on the board. I was quoted just over 2K to replace the board and decided it was best to retire the unit and purchased a 4KW Super which was on special at a ridiculously low price, and still is if you search hard enough.

I've read some horror stories about the 4KW Super on this forum but all seem to be when they connected in parallel as well as older units. My unit is setup as a single unit and was manufactured in September 2019 so I'm hoping to get at least 5 years out of it like I did with the 3KW Plus I had.

@PeterGutti  I have updated and upgraded my ICC RPi 3 Linux during the weekend by following the instructions on Manie's website Help page. Some googling found recommendations not to run rpi-update, the last command on Manie's upgrade command string. So I would suggest leaving that out as it may upgrade the bootloader to an unreliable beta version. At least the underlying operating system is now up to date. My ICC and that of a friend in our village for whom I installed ICC from Manie, still runs without problems. Our systems freeze maybe once or twice times a year if ever which is unlikely to be due to software bugs. I hope that keeping the Linux current will also add to reliability. Perhaps you should see if it helps in your case. 

Manie states that ICC versions below 2.90 still contains bugs which may account for problems experienced by folks with version 2.85. So comparing that version with version 3.1 is not of any value.