RCT-AXPERT-5K Inverter

rentzinger

Hi All

I have older RCT-AXPERT-5K Inverters, got them mid2016, version 40.24. Two units in parallel configuration

I had a Pi-ICC interface on the USB port to log -  monitor the going's on in my system. All worked fine till I got hit by lightning.

The Pi and USB port on the inverter both died.

I got two main questions !!

1. Is there a wifi communications module I could use to replace the blown USB module, if not where could I get a replacement USB communications module (I scoured the net with no luck, all I find are postbox suppliers)
  2. In another post I saw version 70.xx firmware for the Axpert inverter, could I upgrade my firmware on these older inverters.

Bottom-Line is there a knowledgeable Axpert expert who is able to supply-service my Axpert inverter ? (Gauteng)

16 hours ago, rentzinger said:

I have older RCT-AXPERT-5K Inverters, got them mid2016, version 40.24. Two units in parallel configuration

I've not heard of 40.XX firmware. Are they perhaps PWM models? 

16 hours ago, rentzinger said:
  1. In another post I saw version 70.xx firmware for the Axpert inverter, could I upgrade my firmware on these older inverters.

I thought I'd heard of most firmware version, but I've not heard of 70.XX either.

Do you have a link?

Could you post a photo of the sticker on the side of your inverter? If it's an MPPT model, it might be able to run 72.xx or 73.00 firmware, factory or patched.

11 hours ago, rentzinger said:

Thanks for getting back, maybe my interpretation is wrong. Reference from the manual

Main CPU version checking U1 = 40

Secondary CPU version checking U2 = 24

Ah. You can't go by the manual; the manuals don't use realistic examples for firmware version numbers. You have to check the LC Display (use up or down buttons until you see U1 at the left side, record the two pairs of digits that follow).

Also, each version number consists of a pair of digits, such as in your case 72 and 70 (representing 72.70) for the main firmware (U1), and 04 and 10 (representing 04.10) for the secondary (SCC) firmware.

Your machine appears to be a genuine Axpert MKS 5K-48 with PF0.8 (maximum rated power output 4 kW and 5 kVA). You could update your firmware to version 72.70 (factory), or 73.00e (patched firmware). 

Thanks Coulomb !!

My mistake - I was reading it all wrong 

U1 72.40

U2 01.24

Thanks that answered my second question.

My First question was, is there a wifi communications module I could use to replace the blown USB module, if not where could I get a replacement USB communications module in Johannesburg South Africa 

13 hours ago, rentzinger said:

My First question was, is there a wifi communications module I could use to replace the blown USB module,

I don't know of any WiFi modules... anyone?

If not where could I get a replacement USB communications module in Johannesburg South Africa 

Two sources on the 7th line here: https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4332#firmware.