I have an old prepaid meter. I have just installed solar with an INGE inverter. I bought prepaid electricity, but the meter does not accept the number when entered. It just runs for about a minute and the shows error 30 and reverts back to the original meter reading? How do I manage to add my prepaid purchase to my system? Any help please!

17 hours ago, Hercy said:

I have an old prepaid meter. I have just installed solar with an INGE inverter. I bought prepaid electricity, but the meter does not accept the number when entered. It just runs for about a minute and the shows error 30 and reverts back to the original meter reading? How do I manage to add my prepaid purchase to my system? Any help please!

Congrats on the install,  and everything of the best for 2021! Never heard of the INGE inverter, but it seems like the 5k is a rebranded Sunsynk (similar to Dye).

It sounds from the error code that this is a Landis Gyr prepaid meter, they use PLC comms from the CIU to the meter itself (which typically sits in a box on the street). Not sure how the inverter is wired (essential vs non-essential loads), but if you have a plug socket on the non-essential side, you can try using that to see if it works. All my loads are "essential" so I overcame the problem by installing a dedicated plug socket on the incoming (street) feed side. Works very well, blindingly fast and far better than before solar power.