Big difference between municipal meter and inverter/logger

13 minutes ago, Degert said:

So after 1 day's proper measurements (not fiddling with the clamp), this is what I got:

Municipal energy used (meter readings): 16.2kWh

Energy purchased according to inverter: 39.3kWh

Energy generated + municipal energy: 34.7kWh

Total consumption energy according to inverter: 56.1kWh

Perhaps someone else could do the same exercise to compare? I am still waiting for Deye to respond about my firmware version.

How is the CT clamp cable (twisted pair) running to the Deye inverter? Are you using the same conduit as the AC? Have you joined the cable?

Some things from @vassen post in this thread:

• Try to minimise the CT clamp cable run from running alongside other AC cables, if possible separate the conduit;
  • If you join the wires, try not to exceed 20m;
  • Keep the twists in the cable, they are important for reducing EMI.

Perhaps try to run it temporarily on its own and see if it makes a difference?

3 hours ago, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Shabir +27 (082) 504-4510. Located in Johannesburg is the Deye Technical Support in SA. He came out to my property and updated firmware for me in December.

I believe my firmware is ver 3874, if that sounds correct.

Thanks for the details Paul. I've called and sent Shabir a message explaining my issue, and will let you know when I hear back from him. I have version 3854 installed...

4 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

How is the CT clamp cable (twisted pair) running to the Deye inverter? Are you using the same conduit as the AC? Have you joined the cable?

@YellowTapemeasure Thanks for the info. They are sharing the same conduit, but the total length is around 4m. The twisted cable from the CT clamp is joined to normal/straight wires in the DB, and it then runs to the inverter box through a conduit.

To test, I will braid my own wire and run it around a wall for about 10m total, as the conduit runs through a wall. I'll do it first thing in the morning, so I'll have a full day worth of data to compare.

5 hours ago, Degert said:

@YellowTapemeasure Thanks for the info. They are sharing the same conduit, but the total length is around 4m. The twisted cable from the CT clamp is joined to normal/straight wires in the DB, and it then runs to the inverter box through a conduit.

To test, I will braid my own wire and run it around a wall for about 10m total, as the conduit runs through a wall. I'll do it first thing in the morning, so I'll have a full day worth of data to compare.

Ok so I couldn't wait, and I put in a new cable for the CT. I twisted the wires myself, but there shouldn't have been any interference, as the wire was run along the ground, far away from AC cables. Inverter says I consumed 11kWh until now. I generated 6.1kWh, so municipal use should be 4.9kWh. However the meter changed by 2.86kWh only.

Has someone else (perhaps with a DEYE/Sunsynk inverter) also tested to see if the data actually adds up?

4 minutes ago, Degert said:

Ok so I couldn't wait, and I put in a new cable for the CT. I twisted the wires myself, but there shouldn't have been any interference, as the wire was run along the ground, far away from AC cables. Inverter says I consumed 11kWh until now. I generated 6.1kWh, so municipal use should be 4.9kWh. However the meter changed by 2.86kWh only.

Has someone else (perhaps with a DEYE/Sunsynk inverter) also tested to see if the data actually adds up?

I will run a test now. 

First need to turn off using the timer and get the batteries to 100%. 

Will report back.