Changing the frequency of Infini Plus 3kW inverter

Zeeshan Hayder

Dear All, 

I recently installed infini plus 3kW hybrid inverter.  I observed that sometime its utility sign was blinking and there was no grid supply to the inverter although utility was available.  I noticed that grid frequency was fluctuating from 50.1 Hz to 50.3 Hz.  Whenever it becomes below 50Hz unit started working normally.  I have changed the grid maximum Frequency to 5.5 Hz.  Kindly advise that is it normal to modify the range or harmful for the inverter. An early response will be highly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Zeeshan

Dear All, 

I recently installed infini plus 3kW hybrid inverter.  I observed that sometime its utility sign was blinking and there was no grid supply to the inverter although utility was available.  I noticed that grid frequency was fluctuating from 50.1 Hz to 50.3 Hz.  Whenever it becomes below 50Hz unit started working normally.  I have changed the grid maximum Frequency to 5.5 Hz.  Kindly advise that is it normal to modify the range or harmful for the inverter. An early response will be highly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan, welcome to the forum.

I think you meant 50.5Hz. I don't think you will run into a problem by changing the frequency slightly because all your appliances already worked on the higher frequency before you installed the inverter and also all the appliances of all the other people on the same grid also run on the slightly higher frequency. Since the inverter has the option to work on the higher frequency and since that is not even close to the maximum possible setting I reckon you don't have anything to worry about.

I would be worried if the frequency maybe approached 60Hz while it is supposed to be 50Hz.

16 minutes ago, superdiy said:

Hi Zeeshan, welcome to the forum.

I think you meant 50.5Hz. I don't think you will run into a problem by changing the frequency slightly because all your appliances already worked on the higher frequency before you installed the inverter and also all the appliances of all the other people on the same grid also run on the slightly higher frequency. Since the inverter has the option to work on the higher frequency and since that is not even close to the maximum possible setting I reckon you don't have anything to worry about.

I would be worried if the frequency maybe approached 60Hz while it is supposed to be 50Hz.

Thanks a lot dear Superdiy for the detailed reply. You have cleared my mind and there is no confusion now. Thanks to this forum for knowledge sharing. 

Every power station tries to regulate the frequency it is producing, if your inverter was seeing 50.3 then it probably means that somewhere some big load dropped off the grid, would take some time for the boilers to ramp down a bit to get the generators back to 50 hz.