Who sells LiFePO4 batteries in Cape Town

Lindsay

34 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Hi,

Are there any places in Cape Town that sell new LiFePO4 batteries at a reasonable price :)

Thanks!

A lot depends on whether you are looking for individual LiFePO4 Cells or a whole 12V/24V/48V battery with integrated BMS?

"Reasonable" is also a rather relative term! 😀

3 minutes ago, NigelL said:

A lot depends on whether you are looking for individual LiFePO4 Cells or a whole 12V/24V/48V battery with integrated BMS?

"Reasonable" is also a rather relative term! 😀

Well I'd like to build my own battery bank, so I'm looking for individual LiFePO4 cells and a (possibly DALY brand) bms. 

I'm hoping I can build something a bit cheaper than a Pylontech module and will also have a bit more flexibility with sizing it correctly ;)

There is a guy in Stellenbosch who advertises on Facebook marketplace called Dricus Pretorius that claims to sell them, I have not dealt with him.

I looked at his pictures and it looks like he is copying Lithium Batteries SA or buying from them and reselling. 

I bought mine directly from Lithium batteries SA. They delivered to my door. 

22 hours ago, Krokkedil said:

There is a guy in Stellenbosch who advertises on Facebook marketplace called Dricus Pretorius that claims to sell them, I have not dealt with him.

I looked at his pictures and it looks like he is copying Lithium Batteries SA or buying from them and reselling. 

I bought mine directly from Lithium batteries SA. They delivered to my door. 

I was hoping there was an alternative to ordering from Joburg, but ordering from someone local via FB marketplace might also have some risks ;)

6 minutes ago, Louisvdw said:

If you are using a Victron system, then go check out my BMS battery driver. 

I'm using 24V Mecer (Axpert), would it work for that?